Island Park Dec 19-21 Intermountain Rally

  • Eddy
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2008
      Kiters,

      Just a reminder that the Ozone Snowkite Intermountain Rally is Dec
      19-21 Fri-Sun.

      I plan on leaving Boise Friday afternoon, and arriving in IP before 9pm.

      Anyone wanting to Carpool let the group know your looking to go so
      arrangements can be made for shared lodging and vehicle expense/seats.

      Snow in IP is currently thin (~4 inches), but we might have a few
      storms b/n now and then. I've got a friend over there that can give me
      current conditions and he lives 1/4 mile from event site.

      At least Gas is cheap!!! So lets Rally for the Rally.

      Pray for Snow :-)(
    • tony williams
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2008
        If there is snow, I will go.
        Lets hope it materializes.
        Cheers,
        TW

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 17, 2008
            Well this weekend is the IP Rally. Winter storm moving in and all.

            A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING
            THROUGH FRIDAY AFTERNOON.

            A STRONG PACIFIC COLD FRONT WILL SWEEP ACROSS THE REGION FRIDAY
            MORNING BRINGING UP TO A FOOT OF NEW SNOWFALL TO THE UPPER SNAKE
            HIGHLANDS ABOVE 6000 FEET. MOUNTAIN VALLEYS BELOW 6000 FEET WILL
            LIKELY SEE UP TO 8 INCHES OF ACCUMULATION. IN ADDITION TO THE
            SNOWFALL...BRISK WINDS ACCOMPANYING THE FRONT WILL PRODUCE AREAS
            OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW AND POTENTIAL WHITEOUT CONDITIONS
            OVER MOUNTAIN PASSES.

            Leaving on Friday, is our plan, unless the roads are really bad. So
            far it is 2 vehicles and 6 people. Snow report for IP looks good with
            close to 2 ft on the field we play on.

            I have not taken a look at what has happened in the Camus lately but
            Dan Bond said that it was pretty thin when he drove thru this past
            weekend.

            I've got 2 days of snowkiting so far with our session yesterday at CV.

            Most participants for this event are staying at the SAW-Telle (sp?)
            Hotel. Rates are $69 per night if you say your are part of the
            SnowKite event.

            Eddy
          • Darrel Thomas
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 17, 2008

              The rest of the Story:

              We are looking at lows forecasted to be around -10 to -15 and highs of about +5, It is currently expected to snow all day Friday into Friday night.  It is also currently expected to snow all day Friday into Friday night, and one advance forecast model shows another significant storm coming through Sunday between here and there.  Travel could be a real bitch both ways.

              On the up side, the forecast model maps show a good chance at wind both days.

              Darrel Thomas

              Mobile Thai Massage

              Darrelthomas@...

              208-484-6766

              “May you be well, May you be happy, may you be at peace.”