Re: [snowkiteidaho] Different mod I think will work that I am trying

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2008
      Re: [snowkiteidaho] Different mod I think will work that I am trying On most of the newer kites there is a loop already there.  I think your kites have one it is a little red line.

      But you bring up an interesting idea for me ... Thanks I’ll let you know if it works.

      From: Kiter - Tony Williams <tonyswilliams@...>
      Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 09:38:35 -0800 (PST)
      To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Differrent mod I think will work that I am trying

      Another mod I am going to do is on the brake webbing between the back lines.
      Sew in a small piece of webbing in the center to create a loop.  That way you can attach your leash there so if the kite is released accidently or if you are trying a unhooked spin and let go of the bar, the kite reacts as if you are pulling  in the brake.  You need the webbing to keep the leash connection centred because the leash has to be attached in the middle of the brake to act like you are pulling on it with your hand, and not be able slide to one side or the other and causing the kite to spiral.

       Also with the leash attached above the bar, you to have to unspin the bar like with an lei as the leash would start to wrap on the lines after a few spins, but I  only intend to use this safety system if I am doing some downwind unhooked experiments(hope to become tricks if I can actualy land them)

      Good Medicine
      TW

      From: Kiter - Tony Williams <tonyswilliams@ yahoo.com>
      Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 08:31:01 -0800 (PST)
      To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>

      Eddy,
      Could you send me the instructions on the updated version of the centre line saftey release?  It looks like I will have some time to work on it before the snow appears.
      Thanks.
      TW

      From: Kiter - Kay Walston <kaywalston@yahoo. com>
      Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 17:30:45 -0800 (PST)
      To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>

      Hey Eddy.
      My harness was at the hanger in Nampa...I forgot it...soooo now I have it...if you go out again let me know and I'll be there and prepared...looked like fun out there today...beautiful afternoon!!

      Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
      Realtor - Top Producer
      Boise, ID. 83706
      208-860-5053 - cell