CV PArk on Sunday

  • Eddy
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 29, 2008
      I'm going to give the grass a chance to dry out by letting the sun
      come out. Trying tomorrow afternoon 2-4 at soccer fields.

      Eddy
    • Nick Orlando
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 29, 2008
        I'll be there tomorrow, around 2. See ya there Eddy

        Nick

        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 30, 2008
          Looks really good for kiting at cv. I will b there @2:30

          Sent from
          Eddy Petranek

          On Nov 29, 2008, at 3:33 PM, "Eddy" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

          I'm going to give the grass a chance to dry out by letting the sun
          come out. Trying tomorrow afternoon 2-4 at soccer fields.

          Eddy

        • Kay Walst6on
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 30, 2008
            Hey Eddy.
            My harness was at the hanger in Nampa...I forgot it...soooo now I have it...if you go out again let me know and I'll be there and prepared...looked like fun out there today...beautiful afternoon!!

            Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
            Realtor - Top Producer
            Boise, ID. 83706
            208-860-5053 - cell
            208-331-6833 - e-fax

            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 1, 2008
              Re: [snowkiteidaho] CV Park on Sunday No worries Kay, I had extra harnesses. Just ask!

              As far as kiting Sunday. It was unbelievably warm, & I was sweating with just a T-shirt on.  Great day for the park even thou it was light winds (not enough for LEI kites thou) ... definitely not so good for snow :-(

              The new 09 Frenzy is a vast improvement on last years design. It feels every bit as good as the Manta now. It has lots of low end power and grunt.  Manta II is the same overall just with the improved kill system on bar(Frenzy has this also).  All the kites that I converted work much better on this new system so I advise all that can do it...”DO IT”

              This weekend is the Skyline Event in UT.  I was planning on going but the snow has not been great, they may have gotten some this weekend.  As soon as I find out I’ll update. Was anyone else interested in going Fri-Sun.

              Eddy

              I'm going to give the grass a chance to dry out by letting the sun
              come out. Trying tomorrow afternoon 2-4 at soccer fields.

              Eddy

            • tony williams
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 1, 2008
                Eddy,
                Could you send me the instructions on the updated version of the centre line saftey release?  It looks like I will have some time to work on it before the snow appears.
                Thanks.
                TW

                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 1, 2008
                  would someone buy a house from me so I can get a new kite???:)

                  Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
                  Realtor - Top Producer
                  Boise, ID. 83706
                  208-860-5053 - cell
                  208-331-6833 - e-fax

                  Could you send me the instructions on the updated version of the centre line saftey release?  It looks like I will have some time to work on it before the snow appears.
                  Thanks.
                  TW

                  I'm going to give the grass a chance to dry out by letting the sun
                  come out. Trying tomorrow afternoon 2-4 at soccer fields.

                  Eddy

                • Whitney Rearick
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 1, 2008
                    Sure!  I'm in!  I'll buy a house AND a kite, just as soon as you can make sure none of us get laid off, and instead get raises.

                    (I can't help but rib real estate agents, especially given the roots of our current economic difficulties ;)

                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 1, 2008
                      Re: [snowkiteidaho] CV Park on Sunday Chop the A-line by 54.5349734 cm (make sure you are dead-on this number)
                      Remove pulley

                      OMG there are no instructions

                      I will have to write up a plan.

                      But basically.
                      Take center line and remove pulley. Cut pulley line roughly in half.

                      Relocate safety top hat so that the sheeting system is the portion that is released.

                      Put a link line with ring b/n outside lines.  Have it run high enough that there is enough release room, to far away and it is hard to reach. The ring is what stops the sheeting system from flying away.

                      Better yet bring a six pack over for the fridge and I’ll show you how. Good beer only please ;-)

                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 1, 2008
                        So if the throw is effecively the same length( half of the line going to the pully and back) as the existing line before it hits the new ring, how is it any more effective then the current system?

                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 1, 2008
                          Forget that Eddy, I see that the new amount of front line release is 100% as there is no longer any connection. Had to draw it out before I saw what was happening.

                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 1, 2008
                            Re: [snowkiteidaho] CV Park on Sunday It is the re-rigging that makes it so nice. Grab the comb of lines and re-rig and your back and going. No more pulling lines into bar and trying to keep kite from flying.

                            On most of the older kites they tried to flag the kite out too much. A little less flagging and the kites descent can be controlled.  It works really well on the double pulley systems like on the Mantas but I have done it to my Access kites and know it will work on the older Frenzy and Element kites.

                            It will take a little fine tuning so let me know if you need help.  Only part needed is a small SS Ring and knot tying skills for basic set up.

                            From: Kiter - Tony Williams <tonyswilliams@...>
                            Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 09:17:14 -0800 (PST)
                            To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 1, 2008
                              Whitney.....you will not get laid offfff......you will not get laid off....is it working???
                              We're all fine...just hang in there and be positive!!

                              Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
                              Realtor - Top Producer
                              Boise, ID. 83706
                              208-860-5053 - cell
                              208-331-6833 - e-fax

                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 1, 2008
                                Re: [snowkiteidaho] CV Park on Sunday You need to see it.  It sounds much more complicated than it is...

                                It is not something that has to be done. The old system works well, this mod just makes re-hook-up faster.

                                From: Kiter - Tony Williams <tonyswilliams@...>
                                Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 09:24:09 -0800 (PST)
                                To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>

                                Forget that Eddy, I see that the new amount of front line release is 100% as there is no longer any connection. Had to draw it out before I saw what was happening.

                                So if the throw is effecively the same length( half of the line going to the pully and back) as the existing line before it hits the new ring, how is it any more effective then the current system?

                                I'm going to give the grass a chance to dry out by letting the sun
                                come out. Trying tomorrow afternoon 2-4 at soccer fields.

                                Eddy

                              • Darrel Thomas
                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 1, 2008

                                  I have an 08 9m Frenzy  you can have for less than a house…

                                  Darrel Thomas

                                  Mobile Thai Massage

                                  Darrelthomas@...

                                  208-484-6766

                                  “May you be well, May you be happy, may you be at peace.”

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Dec 1, 2008
                                    on the Frenzy...less than a house....hmmm...like around what price....or can I just have it...

                                    Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
                                    Realtor - Top Producer
                                    Boise, ID. 83706
                                    208-860-5053 - cell