Saturday afternoon

  • Eddy
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 22, 2008
      Hey Kiters,

      No snow, no wind. What's a boy supposed to do?

      Brian, from Windzup (Ozone Distributor USA), is going to be in town
      this weekend. If the wind starts to blow this afternoon (does not look
      very promising), I was thinking of heading to C.V. to get some kites
      out to play & Demo some new gear.

      If anyone is interested in trying to fly, or looking at new toys give
      me a shout.

      I will be receiving my new Twisted snowkite snowboard today as
      well...very excited!

      I'm trying hard to have my prototype snowkite binding finished before
      years end. The first non-milled prototype is done. I've have a new
      design that I think will work very well, wish I had some snow to test
      it. Making the first production is very expensive and challenging.
      Getting a machine shop to make then is very Expensive. So I'm
      seriously contemplating, buying a CNC milling machine, to produce them
      myself, but a quality hobby milling machine is also very expensive.
      Construction materials alone are much pricier then I thought. But if I
      can sell 25 units I might recoup some cost. But alas, trying to make
      these in the USA may be a lost cause, I'm sure that someone will copy
      it and produce it in China before long!!!

      Eddy
      863-6966
    • Kay Walst6on
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 22, 2008
        where's CV...what time?

        Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
        Realtor - Top Producer
        Boise, ID. 83706
        208-860-5053 - cell
        208-331-6833 - e-fax

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 22, 2008
          Re: [snowkiteidaho] Saturday afternoon
          Sorry C.V. = Columbia Village  A.K.A.  Simplot Soccer Fields @ NW corner of Federal Way & Gowen Rd

          Time 3-4pm  fingers crossed for wind

          From: Kiter - Kay Walston <kaywalston@...>
          Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 08:02:02 -0800 (PST)
          To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Saturday afternoon

          where's CV...what time?

          Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
          Realtor - Top Producer
          Boise, ID. 83706
          208-860-5053 - cell
          208-331-6833 - e-fax

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 22, 2008
            I'll try and make it...I'll call if I can't....ciao! - K

            Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
            Realtor - Top Producer
            Boise, ID. 83706
            208-860-5053 - cell
            208-331-6833 - e-fax

            From: Kiter - Kay Walston <kaywalston@yahoo. com>
            Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 08:02:02 -0800 (PST)
            To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>

            where's CV...what time?

            Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
            Realtor - Top Producer
            Boise, ID. 83706
            208-860-5053 - cell
            208-331-6833 - e-fax

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 25, 2008
              Eddy,

              I recommend designing the components to be injected molded. This is
              a good resource for proving design concepts
              http://www.protolabs.com/, and running your initial production runs
              in a cost effective manner. you could nest both base plates in one
              mold(single pull) as long as you didn't need to utilize a slide.
              You would probably want to engineer it for some simple second op
              machining for hole placement if your design has side holes. I could
              help you with this process for a very low cost. Made in USA is
              still the way!!!!

              Hawk

              --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Gear Daddy LLC

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 25, 2008
                Sounds to me like just maybe... you have done something like this before Hawk.  :-)

                Good luck guys.

                -Brick

                Hey Darrel.... when are you going to do your snow dance so I can get back to kiting.

                <geardaddyllc@ ...> wrote:

                Sorry C.V. = Columbia Village A.K.A. Simplot Soccer Fields @ NW
                corner of
                > Federal Way & Gowen Rd
                >
                > Time 3-4pm fingers
                crossed for wind

                <kaywalston@ ...>
                href="mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com">snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>

                Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 08:02:02 -0800 (PST)
                > To: Snowkiteidaho <
                href="mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com">snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com>

                > where's CV...what time?
                >
                > Kay Walston, CRS,
                e-Pro
                > Realtor - Top Producer
                > Coldwell Banker Tomlinson Group -
                downtown
                > Boise, ID. 83706
                > 208-860-5053 - cell

                208-331-6833 - e-fax

                <geardaddyllc@ ...> wrote:
                > > From: Eddy
                <geardaddyllc@ ...>
                > > Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Saturday
                afternoon
                > > To:
                href="mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com">snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                > > Date: Saturday, November 22, 2008, 8:54 AM
                > >
                > > Hey
                Kiters,

                > > No snow, no wind. What's a boy supposed to
                do?

                > > Brian, from Windzup (Ozone Distributor USA), is
                going to be in
                town
                > > this weekend. If the wind starts to blow
                this afternoon (does
                not look
                > > very promising), I was thinking
                of heading to C.V. to get some
                kites
                > > out to play & Demo
                some new gear.

                > > If anyone is interested in trying to
                fly, or looking at new toys
                give
                > > me a shout.
                > >
                > > I will be receiving my new Twisted snowkite snowboard today
                as
                > > well...very excited!
                > >
                > > I'm trying hard
                to have my prototype snowkite binding finished
                before
                > > years
                end. The first non-milled prototype is done. I've have a
                new

                design that I think will work very well, wish I had some snow to
                test
                > > it. Making the first production is very expensive and
                challenging.
                > > Getting a machine shop to make then is very
                Expensive. So I'm
                > > seriously contemplating, buying a CNC milling
                machine, to
                produce them
                > > myself, but a quality hobby milling
                machine is also very
                expensive.
                > > Construction materials alone
                are much pricier then I thought.
                But if I
                > > can sell 25 units I
                might recoup some cost. But alas, trying to
                make
                > > these in the
                USA may be a lost cause, I'm sure that someone will
                copy
                > > it and
                produce it in China before long!!!

                > > Eddy

                863-6966

              • Darrel Thomas
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 25, 2008

                  Oh, sorry, I thought it was your turn to do the dance! LOL

                  I’ll get on it tonight.  Got get something going…

                  Darrel Thomas

                  Mobile Thai Massage

                  Darrelthomas@...

                  208-484-6766

                  “May you be well, May you be happy, may you be at peace.”

                  <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                  > Sorry C.V. = Columbia Village A.K.A. Simplot Soccer Fields @ NW
                  corner of
                  > Federal Way & Gowen Rd
                  >
                  > Time 3-4pm fingers crossed for wind
                  >

                  > From: Kiter - Kay Walston <kaywalston@...>
                  > Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 08:02:02 -0800 (PST)
                  > To: Snowkiteidaho <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                  > Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Saturday afternoon
                  >

                  > where's CV...what time?
                  >
                  > Kay Walston, CRS, e-Pro
                  > Realtor - Top Producer
                  > Coldwell Banker Tomlinson Group - downtown
                  > Boise, ID. 83706
                  > 208-860-5053 - cell
                  > 208-331-6833 - e-fax

                • hawkicd11
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 26, 2008
                    yeah, i've made a widget or two in my day....... ;) in fact Jason,
                    are you still working with an automation group. I am looking for a
                    plc for my newest machine. maybe you can help?

                    --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Brickner"
                    <jasonbrickner@...> wrote:

                    > Sounds to me like just maybe... you have done something like this
                    before
                    > Hawk. :-)
                    >
                    > Good luck guys.
                    >
                    > -Brick
                    >
                    > Hey Darrel.... when are you going to do your snow dance so I can
                    get back to
                    > kiting.
                    >

                    > _____

                  • Eddy
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 7, 2009
                      I'm planning on hitting the afternoon thermal flow. It should hit
                      Camas around 2-3 so leaving @ 1:30. But not going if the pin action
                      looks weak...Wait and See!!!

                      Eddy

                      Sunday could flow Easterly
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 7, 2009
                        Re: [snowkiteidaho] Saturday afternoon Pin Action is looking weak. I’m going to bag it for today.  Hopefully SE kicks in for tomorrow otherwise NW on Monday is looking promising.

                        Eddy

                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 25, 2009
                          Heading to the River

                          Leaving about 12:30ish