What a day

  • Darrel Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2006
      Surprise, surprise, we had West wind today.  No one was forecasting that!  J and I made it up to Camas this afternoon to check it out, and had a rockin' good time.

      We went straight to the "Hysterical Site," but there wasn't any wind.  So, we went back to the ridge line because we saw sure signs of wind there.  We kited on the North side of the road. The wind was pretty ratty where we launched and along the ridge, but J found some sweet cruising winds just at the bottom of the hills on the East side.  Since I was getting spanked on the ridge line, I cruised down to fly with him.  I found a knob that stuck up into the strong 20+mph winds that was great for boosting HUGE air off of with a soft powdery landing in smooth 12-15mph wind.

      We had an absolutely stellar day.  One of the best of the year.  Wish Y'all were there.  Oh well, maybe tomorrow, Saturday, Sun...

      Darrel