Re: [snowkiteidaho] The Birthday ride

  • Greg Schutte
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2006
      We had a pretty interesting day on Saturday as well.
      We got to the snowmobile park adn meet two kites from
      hailey. We got our gear out and had about a 20 minute
      ride before the winds died out. we decided to wait a
      see what the weather would bring. the wind decided to
      switch to the northwest. It was starting to get
      ridable so put his kite up and started riding. The
      wind came up really fast and Hawk barelly made it in
      and got his kite down before it was 25 mph gusting to
      35 and a complete white out. it blew that way for
      about 30 minutes and then it mellowed out to 15-20.
      the sun actually came out and it cleared up. We road
      for about 1 hr and 30 minutes. before it started to
      build again. At that time we deiceded to call it
      quites. we left around 3pm. I personally had a close
      call. I pulled my 12m up in about 18-20mph it cravated
      and went into the power band. pullig me off my feet
      and towards Hawks durango. I got the cut away pulled
      just as it supermaned me off the ledge going into the
      parking lot. I landed right in front of the truck. The
      two guys we met from hailey seemed really cool.

      Greg

      morning?

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 6, 2006
        Happy B-Day Darrel sorry I missed that session.

        Eddy