speaking of Nam

  • tony williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2008
      Bill
      On the NWkite site someone just posted info about the trip he just got back from to Vietnam.  said it cost him 1000 for 3 weeks with accomodations on the beach from 10 to 25 us dollars a day and most meals with drinks was less then 4 dollars.  But it took a whole day to fly there and the flight is pretty pricey but would give you a great new experience beyond just the kiting. Wish I had the time and a small enough kite.
      http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-3545.html&sid=2822f16850ad37618821dfac1b8caefe

      From: William McMaster <inspiregraphics@ hotmail.com>
      To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 11:02 AM

      when are the winds good ie Nov through March???

      To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
      From: kaywalston@yahoo. com
      Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:01:31 -0700

      Why don't you guys come down to Corpus and stay (cheap rent) our house here.

      From: geardaddyllc@ gmail.com
      Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:29:58 -0600

      Went for 8 in a row ...but no such luck this morning at Unlucky Peak! I should have turned around when I saw Jack driving home. But I thought it might turn back on.

      It looked really good on early report but then the NW flow kicked at 8am and killed it , I THINK???

      Although, I will bring my PG up there tomorrow morning b/c the cliff at Barclay is totally flyable if the winds are light like they were this morning.

      Looks like this front will have a big push on Saturday or Sunday. Rumor has it that Lake Lowell is closed to all activities.

      That being the case looks like East we head!!!!

      Eddy

      On 10/1/08 12:01 PM, "Eddy Petranek" <geardaddyllc@ gmail.com> wrote:

      Today was spectacular & Incredibly warm, I almost forgot to put my wet
      suit on it was so nice.

      Anyway I think we all need to apply for frequent flyer miles. Can you
      say  "hang time"?

      Weather moving in this weekend so LP may be done for season??? Looks
      like tomorrow is still a good bet, Friday??, Sat?????

      Sunday maybe CJ or Snake River.