Re: [BSA] Friday morning

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2008
      WHOA....pullin out the BIG RIG !!!!!...dude...that thing water relaunch ??????????????????

      On 10/3/08, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:
      It was a lite wind kitesurf session for sure!

      But I added a new sport to the list of things to do at Barclay Bay!!!!

      Got in 2 flights starting and landing at the Beach & flew for 20-30 mins.  The air was so smooth and clean, the wind did start to pick up again about 11:30 and I thought about going kitesurfing again. I could not believe how perfect the wind lined up at Barclay. As long as the water is low there is plenty of ridge lift to fly. I just pioneered another spot for Boise Paragliding, but I think it will only work in the winter when the water is low.

      Eddy

      On 10/3/08 12:10 PM, "Jim Tighe" <jim@...> wrote:

      > Well it kinda happened this morning.  I arrived at Barclay parking lot
      > to find Brian, another dude and Eddy Looking at the lake.  The spillway
      > was a measly 11-15 but they said it was getting better.  Not sure how
      > long they had been watching.  So off we went to Turners. Brian needed a
      > little prodding but he still beat me on the water with our 7.5 sails.
      > Eddy headed up the lake in his boat.  Jack was at Caviani cove and fist
      > on the water.  Brian and I worked our way up past the lookout but
      > couldn't get much further.  Planed most of the time but finally dropped
      > back to the bowl for a couple of runs then headed in.  I tightened up my
      > battens and let out some downhaul and went back out just ads the wind
      > came back up.  Planed out of Turners.  The retuning did the trick or it
      > was just better wind!??  Any way the sailing was great for a good half
      > hour.  Tom V would have been proud of the screaming jibe I made just off
      > the Turners Dock.  It was pretty warm and overcast.
      >
      > James R. Tighe (Jim)

      Gear Daddy LLC
      (208) 863-6966

    • Will Hise
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 26 10:19 AM
        Didn't see any updates go out re. this morning so here's one!

        Arrived early, early enough that Chris wasn't out on the water yet. No whitecaps but it felt promising so rigged a 12m. As so as I launched I knew it was good. Had about 30 minutes with just Chris on the water and good 12m wind. Eddie and Ryan brought some lessons out, and eventually 3 more kiters came out to play. Wind got a bit lighter and pretty punchy but still fun.

        Ryan's lesson was a young kid that was up and riding a board on day 1! Amazing. He spent many hours with a trainer but this was first day on the water.

        Overall, a great morning to be up and playing!

        --Will

      • Greg