RE: [snowkiteidaho] Oct 1 What a day!!!

  • Ryan Wait
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008
      Bill we may be roomies in the grass hut cause i might not leave either. dates are Jan 8th-15th. google earth Bahia Honda. there is a state park there with a camp ground and houses for rent. water is waist deep a thousand feet out. plus there is alot of other spots near by. and key west has Duvall st. a super fun place to party. and you are using the worthless american money, so you dont loose with an exchange rate. Thailands main kite area is the Island of kosamui on the east side. they say bring your 14, 16, 18m kites. doesnt sound to great to me. Plus i know that Puket gets wind like one day a week. my friends lived there for 6 weeks and never saw a kiter out.

      kites for the keys, usually they are riding 12m or smaller. but if you want to ride a 16m on light days i am sure they have those too.

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: inspiregraphics@...
      Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 12:25:12 -0600
      Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] Oct 1 What a day!!!

      When are you all going to Florida. What size kites ? How long If I decided to stay because of having too much fun will you tell my family I love them...when you get back

      To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
      From: ryanwait@hotmail. com
      Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:47:43 -0700

      Bill, there is going to be a groups of us going to the florida Keys in January. tickets to miami were $340. water is cyrstal clear, waist deep and go for miles and miles. considering airfare is the same to texas, the keys are way more beatiful then a muddy brown bay. your more then welcome, it will be super fun. Some pro riders from the tampa area are going to meet us down there. they know the area super well and are fun to ride with.

      Ryan

      To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
      From: inspiregraphics@ hotmail.com
      Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:34:15 -0600

      Hey Eddie I am thinking I will be in Boise all weekend and possibly part of next week maybe till tuesday I need to get out on water somewhere if you are going let me know I would like to try and get out one more time ..Also thought anymore about La Ventana or somewhere like that for this winter ??How about Phuket Thailand Jan or Feb just some ideas...

      To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
      From: geardaddyllc@ gmail.com
      Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:29:58 -0600

      Went for 8 in a row ...but no such luck this morning at Unlucky Peak! I should have turned around when I saw Jack driving home. But I thought it might turn back on.

      It looked really good on early report but then the NW flow kicked at 8am and killed it , I THINK???

      Although, I will bring my PG up there tomorrow morning b/c the cliff at Barclay is totally flyable if the winds are light like they were this morning.

      Looks like this front will have a big push on Saturday or Sunday. Rumor has it that Lake Lowell is closed to all activities.

      That being the case looks like East we head!!!!

      Eddy

      On 10/1/08 12:01 PM, "Eddy Petranek" <geardaddyllc@ gmail.com> wrote:

      Today was spectacular & Incredibly warm, I almost forgot to put my wet
      suit on it was so nice.

      Anyway I think we all need to apply for frequent flyer miles. Can you
      say  "hang time"?

      Weather moving in this weekend so LP may be done for season??? Looks
      like tomorrow is still a good bet, Friday??, Sat?????

      Sunday maybe CJ or Snake River.

      Bi

      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008
        Corpus is there and Feb and mar look the best but the average is 14 and oct , sep the least windy months average is10
        From: William McMaster <inspiregraphics@ hotmail.com>
        To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
        Date: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 11:02 AM

        when are the winds good ie Nov through March???

        To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
        From: kaywalston@yahoo. com
        Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:01:31 -0700

        Why don't you guys come down to Corpus and stay (cheap rent) our house here.

        To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com

        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008
          How about the beautiful blue gulf,....it's really nice and wildcat is nice too in Corpus.

          but does any one wanna go ride saterday i will be in town
          --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Ryan Wait <ryanwait@.. .> wrote:

          > Bill, there is going to be a groups of us going to the florida Keys
          in January. tickets to miami were $340. water is cyrstal clear, waist
          deep and go for miles and miles. considering airfare is the same to
          texas, the keys are way more beatiful then a muddy brown bay. your
          more then welcome, it will be super fun. Some pro riders from the
          tampa area are going to meet us down there. they know the area super
          well and are fun to ride with.

          > Ryan
          >

          > To: snowkiteidaho@ ...: inspiregraphics@ ...: Thu, 2 Oct 2008
          10:34:15 -0600Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] Oct 1 What a day!!!

          10/1/08 12:01 PM, "Eddy Petranek" <geardaddyllc@ ...> wrote:
          > Today was spectacular & Incredibly warm, I almost forgot to put my
          wetsuit on it was so nice.Anyway I think we all need to apply for
          frequent flyer miles. Can yousay "hang time"?Weather moving in this
          weekend so LP may be done for season??? Lookslike tomorrow is still a
          good bet, Friday??, Sat?????Sunday maybe CJ or Snake River.

          > See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are
          part of your life. See Now

          > Get more out of the Web. Learn 10 hidden secrets of Windows Live.
          > http://windowslive. com/connect/ post/jamiethomso n.spaces. live.com-
          Blog-cns!550F681DAD 532637!5295. entry?ocid= TXT_TAGLM_ WL_domore_ 092008

          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008
            Here's another wind history link: http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php

            Select 'archive' (right below the windguru logo at the top), then 'monthly statistics' and 'GFS', then go into the 'spot menu' dialog box to select the location you want history on....

            Jon

            To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
            From: kaywalston@yahoo. com
            Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:01:31 -0700

            To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com

            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008
              Ryan, you got any experience w/ wind frequency in the Keys in January?  Is there some repeating meteorological pattern that drives the wind (like El Norte in Sea of Cortez), or is it driven by just the randomness of whenever fronts happen to roll through?

              Jon

              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
              From: inspiregraphics@...
              Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:34:15 -0600

              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008

                Thanks Jon I like that site as well as windfinder.com.  It is good way to compare places I know with what I want.  Check out Geraldton in Australia.  It is a place I went to North of Perth.  Its averages has even less chance of getting skunked then Kitebeach in Maui. Man some years there shows zero days in a whole month where the wind is below a 4bft. Dang.  Plus the beachs have some great surf.

                To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                From: kaywalston@yahoo. com
                Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:01:31 -0700

                To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com

                Message 7 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008
                  Check out Johnston Island, PC in Tony's link.  Year around wind !!!!  Where is that place????

                  To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                  From: kaywalston@yahoo. com
                  Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:01:31 -0700

                  To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com

                  Message 8 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008
                    Cool find!....and remember in Corpus the wind o meters don't measure on the coast which is considerably windier.
                    Thanks again Jon!

                    To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                    From: kaywalston@yahoo. com
                    Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:01:31 -0700