Re: [BSA] Corporation association

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
      Here's the link to the Idaho Secretary of State's Office: http://www.idsos.state.id.us/corp/corindex.htm

      On that page here is the explanation of "Unincorporated Non Profit Association": http://www3.state.id.us/idstat/TOC/53007KTOC.html.  Section 53-706 LIABILITY IN CONTRACT AND TORT may be of greatest significance to us Sailors: it says that members of such an Association may not be held liable (simply because they are members)  for any actions or deeds for which the Non-Profit Association may be held liable.

      It appears the only form that must be filed/recorded to create our NonProfit Assoc is: http://www.idsos.state.id.us/corp/forms/unincorporated_np.pdf .  This form requires only 5 items: our Association name (BSA), Address of the Association, and name & address of agent authorized by the Association to receive service of process, signature of the authorized agent, and signature of manager of the Association.
      BETSY, does this look like the form your non-profit filed to create itself ???

      And the fees for creation look to be $10-20: http://www.idsos.state.id.us/corp/ucorpfee.htm

      Jon

      On 10/1/08, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:
      Looks like the group can apply, for free, in Idaho to become an:

       "UNINCORPORATED NON PROFIT ASSOCIATION with Idaho Secretary of State."

      Is anyone familiar with this arrangement?

       It is approved by the ACE Attorney, it's Free, & It is something that I can get done in an Hour at the Capital.

      Any thoughts or suggestions?

    • Kay Walst6on
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
        Oh...that's right...I was doing the 501's when I was a Social Worker....see I'm getting old and forgetful. Still, let me know if you'd like some help with that.  Scott and i can certainly donate any monetary funds along with everyone else.