Oct 1 What a day!!!

  • Eddy
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 1, 2008
      Today was spectacular & Incredibly warm, I almost forgot to put my wet
      suit on it was so nice.

      Anyway I think we all need to apply for frequent flyer miles. Can you
      say "hang time"?

      Weather moving in this weekend so LP may be done for season??? Looks
      like tomorrow is still a good bet, Friday??, Sat?????

      Sunday maybe CJ or Snake River.
      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008
        Re: [snowkiteidaho] Oct 1    What a day!!! Went for 8 in a row ...but no such luck this morning at Unlucky Peak! I should have turned around when I saw Jack driving home. But I thought it might turn back on.

        It looked really good on early report but then the NW flow kicked at 8am and killed it , I THINK???

        Although, I will bring my PG up there tomorrow morning b/c the cliff at Barclay is totally flyable if the winds are light like they were this morning.

        Looks like this front will have a big push on Saturday or Sunday. Rumor has it that Lake Lowell is closed to all activities.

        That being the case looks like East we head!!!!

        Eddy

        On 10/1/08 12:01 PM, "Eddy Petranek" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

        Today was spectacular & Incredibly warm, I almost forgot to put my wet
        suit on it was so nice.

        Anyway I think we all need to apply for frequent flyer miles. Can you
        say  "hang time"?

        Weather moving in this weekend so LP may be done for season??? Looks
        like tomorrow is still a good bet, Friday??, Sat?????

        Sunday maybe CJ or Snake River.

      • William McMaster
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008

          Hey Eddie I am thinking I will be in Boise all weekend and possibly part of next week maybe till tuesday I need to get out on water somewhere if you are going let me know I would like to try and get out one more time ..Also thought anymore about La Ventana or somewhere like that for this winter ??How about Phuket Thailand Jan or Feb just some ideas...

          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008
            Why don't you guys come down to Corpus and stay (cheap rent) our house here.

            To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com

            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008
              when are the winds good ie Nov through March???

              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
              From: kaywalston@...
              Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:01:31 -0700

              To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com

              Message 6 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008
                we were in Corpus March-April and it was fantastic!  They say anytime from Dec on thru June if GREAT!

                when are the winds good ie Nov through March???

                To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                From: kaywalston@yahoo. com
                Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:01:31 -0700

                To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com

                Message 7 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008
                  Re: [snowkiteidaho] Oct 1    What a day!!!
                  Billy,

                  I don’t think I’m going to be available on Saturday I have a wedding I’m attending.  But I’m game for Sunday and days after.

                  I think your oversized Crazyfly Board Travel Bag will be in this week.  The one where you can stuff the Board, kite, harness, and everything into one bag. If you do not need it any more no problem.  I did order 5 of them but they are really easy to sell.

                  Thailand does sound intriguing????  Is the US dollar going to be worth anything?

                  Give me a shout
                  Eddy

                  To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                  From: geardaddyllc@...
                  Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:29:58 -0600

                  On 10/1/08 12:01 PM, "Eddy Petranek" <geardaddyllc@... <http://geardaddyllc@.../> > wrote:

                  Today was spectacular & Incredibly warm, I almost forgot to put my wet
                  suit on it was so nice.

                  Anyway I think we all need to apply for frequent flyer miles. Can you
                  say  "hang time"?

                  Weather moving in this weekend so LP may be done for season??? Looks
                  like tomorrow is still a good bet, Friday??, Sat?????

                  Sunday maybe CJ or Snake River.

                  See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your life. See Now <http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/msnnkwxp1020093175mrt/direct/01/>

                • Ryan Wait
                  Message 8 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008
                    Bill, there is going to be a groups of us going to the florida Keys in January. tickets to miami were $340. water is cyrstal clear, waist deep and go for miles and miles. considering airfare is the same to texas, the keys are way more beatiful then a muddy brown bay. your more then welcome, it will be super fun. Some pro riders from the tampa area are going to meet us down there. they know the area super well and are fun to ride with.

                    Ryan

                    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                    From: inspiregraphics@...
                    Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:34:15 -0600

                    To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com

                    Message 9 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008
                      As you can see from this link of monthly wind averages over many years, Brownsville (did not have Corpus) best months are Mar, Apr

                      By the way, Eddy, might check out Vietnam over Thailand.  Phuket is way way more expensive and I have friends who have taken kite trips to Vietnam and the pictures and stories showed 8 and 9m days most of the time they were there. it is known as more of a wind area then Thailand.

                      To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                      From: kaywalston@yahoo. com
                      Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:01:31 -0700

                      To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com

                      Message 10 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008

                        yes still interested in bag let me know also I am up for an adventure this winter definatley hope that the dollar does not crash as of now I want to say the exchange is like 30 to 1 in Thailand so live like a king for pretty cheap winds are supposed Jan Feb in Phuket. Lots of other options mexico etc Vietnam that would be an experience rent motorbikes and just go searching for wind

                        When are you all going to Florida ??

                        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008
                          Ill be in florida jan for a comp....
                          but does any one wanna go ride saterday i will be in town
                          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Wait <ryanwait@...> wrote:

                          > Bill, there is going to be a groups of us going to the florida Keys
                          in January. tickets to miami were $340. water is cyrstal clear, waist
                          deep and go for miles and miles. considering airfare is the same to
                          texas, the keys are way more beatiful then a muddy brown bay. your
                          more then welcome, it will be super fun. Some pro riders from the
                          tampa area are going to meet us down there. they know the area super
                          well and are fun to ride with.

                          > Ryan
                          >

                          > To: snowkiteidaho@...: inspiregraphics@...: Thu, 2 Oct 2008
                          10:34:15 -0600Subject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] Oct 1 What a day!!!

                          > Hey Eddie I am thinking I will be in Boise all weekend and possibly
                          part of next week maybe till tuesday I need to get out on water
                          somewhere if you are going let me know I would like to try and get
                          out one more time ..Also thought anymore about La Ventana or
                          somewhere like that for this winter ??How about Phuket Thailand Jan
                          or Feb just some ideas...

                          > To: snowkiteidaho@...: geardaddyllc@...: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:29:58 -
                          0600Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Oct 1 What a day!!!

                          > Went for 8 in a row ...but no such luck this morning at Unlucky
                          Peak! I should have turned around when I saw Jack driving home. But I
                          thought it might turn back on. It looked really good on early report
                          but then the NW flow kicked at 8am and killed it , I THINK???
                          Although, I will bring my PG up there tomorrow morning b/c the cliff
                          at Barclay is totally flyable if the winds are light like they were
                          this morning.Looks like this front will have a big push on Saturday
                          or Sunday. Rumor has it that Lake Lowell is closed to all
                          activities.That being the case looks like East we head!!!!EddyOn
                          10/1/08 12:01 PM, "Eddy Petranek" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:
                          > Today was spectacular & Incredibly warm, I almost forgot to put my
                          wetsuit on it was so nice.Anyway I think we all need to apply for
                          frequent flyer miles. Can yousay "hang time"?Weather moving in this
                          weekend so LP may be done for season??? Lookslike tomorrow is still a
                          good bet, Friday??, Sat?????Sunday maybe CJ or Snake River.

                          > See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are
                          part of your life. See Now

                          > Get more out of the Web. Learn 10 hidden secrets of Windows Live.
                          > http://windowslive.com/connect/post/jamiethomson.spaces.live.com-
                          Blog-cns!550F681DAD532637!5295.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_domore_092008

                        • William McMaster
                          Message 12 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008
                            When are you all going to Florida. What size kites ? How long If I decided to stay because of having too much fun will you tell my family I love them...when you get back

                            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                            From: ryanwait@...
                            Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:47:43 -0700

                            To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                            From: inspiregraphics@ hotmail.com
                            Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:34:15 -0600

                            To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com

                            Message 13 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008
                              Does any one wanna go kite on saterday i will be in town i will have
                              some 09 naish kites to try if wanted. give me a call at 208-92-8368
                              if you wanna go throw down in some rain

                              --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "kiterguuy" <kiterguuy@...>

                              Message 14 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008
                                Bill we may be roomies in the grass hut cause i might not leave either. dates are Jan 8th-15th. google earth Bahia Honda. there is a state park there with a camp ground and houses for rent. water is waist deep a thousand feet out. plus there is alot of other spots near by. and key west has Duvall st. a super fun place to party. and you are using the worthless american money, so you dont loose with an exchange rate. Thailands main kite area is the Island of kosamui on the east side. they say bring your 14, 16, 18m kites. doesnt sound to great to me. Plus i know that Puket gets wind like one day a week. my friends lived there for 6 weeks and never saw a kiter out.

                                kites for the keys, usually they are riding 12m or smaller. but if you want to ride a 16m on light days i am sure they have those too.

                                To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                From: inspiregraphics@...
                                Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 12:25:12 -0600

                                To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                                From: ryanwait@hotmail. com
                                Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:47:43 -0700

                                To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                                From: inspiregraphics@ hotmail.com
                                Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:34:15 -0600

                                To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com

                                Message 15 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008

                                  This website is always fun but will drag you in and time will disapear before you know it.

                                  http://www.windfinder.com/windreports/windkarte_vn.htm

                                  use it to look at what ever country or wind meter you are interested in.
                                  Look at historical data to see what months the averages were and what directions etc.
                                  Good for comparing florida to Corpus or vietnam to Thailand.
                                  Cheers.

                                  To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008
                                    Corpus is there and Feb and mar look the best but the average is 14 and oct , sep the least windy months average is10

                                    To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                                    From: kaywalston@yahoo. com
                                    Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:01:31 -0700

                                    To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com

                                    Message 17 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008
                                      How about the beautiful blue gulf,....it's really nice and wildcat is nice too in Corpus.

                                      Message 18 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008
                                        Here's another wind history link: http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php

                                        Select 'archive' (right below the windguru logo at the top), then 'monthly statistics' and 'GFS', then go into the 'spot menu' dialog box to select the location you want history on....

                                        Jon

                                        To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                                        From: kaywalston@yahoo. com
                                        Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:01:31 -0700

                                        To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com

                                        Message 19 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008
                                          Ryan, you got any experience w/ wind frequency in the Keys in January?  Is there some repeating meteorological pattern that drives the wind (like El Norte in Sea of Cortez), or is it driven by just the randomness of whenever fronts happen to roll through?

                                          Jon

                                          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                          From: inspiregraphics@...
                                          Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:34:15 -0600

                                          To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                                          Message 20 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008

                                            Thanks Jon I like that site as well as windfinder.com.  It is good way to compare places I know with what I want.  Check out Geraldton in Australia.  It is a place I went to North of Perth.  Its averages has even less chance of getting skunked then Kitebeach in Maui. Man some years there shows zero days in a whole month where the wind is below a 4bft. Dang.  Plus the beachs have some great surf.

                                            To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                                            From: kaywalston@yahoo. com
                                            Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:01:31 -0700

                                            To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com

                                            Message 21 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008
                                              Check out Johnston Island, PC in Tony's link.  Year around wind !!!!  Where is that place????

                                              To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                                              From: kaywalston@yahoo. com
                                              Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:01:31 -0700

                                              To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com

                                              Message 22 of 22 , Oct 2, 2008
                                                Cool find!....and remember in Corpus the wind o meters don't measure on the coast which is considerably windier.
                                                Thanks again Jon!

                                                To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                                                From: kaywalston@yahoo. com
                                                Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:01:31 -0700