RE: [snowkiteidaho] Saturday

  • Bolt, Jon
    Message 1 of 151 , Feb 2, 2006
      Happy Birthday, Darrel !!

      From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com [mailto:snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Darrel Thomas
      Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 4:04 PM
      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Saturday

      Saturday is my birthday!

      I am planning to celebrate with an epic powder day at Soldier Mountain, followed by some afternoon kiting, if the kiting starts to sound better than the powder.

      Soldier's is reporting 2ft of snow in the last 7 days, all well below 30 deg. and only open thu-sun.  It should be deep and relatively unmarred come saturday.  The kite forecast is winds NW 18mph, 34 deg, and 50% chance of snow.

      We are planning to leave Boise at 8:00am.  Soldier passes are $30, $25 with Bogus pass. Check 'em out at www.soldiermountain.com   If people are interested in car pooling, we can meet at the Albertson's on Gowen.

      If you want to join us, give me a shout!

      Darrel
      208-484-6766
    • Will Hise
      Message 151 of 151 , Jun 1
        Nice! The blue north kite with the yellow bar is me.

        I'm in North Carolina and there is no wind where we are. I'm dreaming of lucky peak at this point.

        --Will

        On Monday, June 1, 2015, jeffnoble83@... [snowkiteidaho] <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        I posted some pictures in the photo section of this site. Pictures are from this last Saturday May 30th, and a previous date of May 2nd. These are part of my homework to learn what I can, and to figure out who is who. Thought I would share so that if anyone else can make use of them then they are available. I don't have a lot of lens so  it mostly documents the shore.