RE: [snowkiteidaho] Saturday

  • Bolt, Jon
    Message 1 of 154 , Feb 2, 2006
      Happy Birthday, Darrel !!

      From: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com [mailto:snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Darrel Thomas
      Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 4:04 PM
      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Saturday

      Saturday is my birthday!

      I am planning to celebrate with an epic powder day at Soldier Mountain, followed by some afternoon kiting, if the kiting starts to sound better than the powder.

      Soldier's is reporting 2ft of snow in the last 7 days, all well below 30 deg. and only open thu-sun.  It should be deep and relatively unmarred come saturday.  The kite forecast is winds NW 18mph, 34 deg, and 50% chance of snow.

      We are planning to leave Boise at 8:00am.  Soldier passes are $30, $25 with Bogus pass. Check 'em out at www.soldiermountain.com   If people are interested in car pooling, we can meet at the Albertson's on Gowen.

      If you want to join us, give me a shout!

      Darrel
      208-484-6766
    • Will Hise
      Message 154 of 154 , Today at 12:44 PM
      • 1 Attachment
      • 293 KB
      That's super secret!!!

      Actually Rusty did. He drift launched when the meter said zero. Wind shifted offshore and he was able to launch and foil a bit. He even made it back to launch even thou wind was directly offshore. I didn't even try.

      On Saturday, August 29, 2015, billyg2477@... [snowkiteidaho] <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      I pumped up my 17 m kite at the super secret spot.  No wind and packed up. As I'm walking out Rusty and Will show up with their foils.  And did you guys make it out???

      Sent from my iPhone

      Posted by: billyg2477@...

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional