What Community Service?

  • solarcyclops
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2008
      Not sure what community service Eddy is providing by not allowing
      individuals to debate various brands or sell their personal kites. In
      this expensive and fairly restrictive sport, the more openness and
      dialogue the better in my opinion.

      Apparently Eddy isn't about democratic ideals. Too bad his attempt at
      monopolizing Boise kiters is causing this rift. He deleted Ryan's
      post and replaced it with his own excuse, here's the original in case
      you want to know the whole story:

      From Ryan Waite

      "Hello to all kiters. After discussing with eddy the rules of HIS
      KITE FORUM and why i and other are not allowed to post info about
      good deals on kiting equipment. i have decided to start a new kite
      forum. this new one is for everybody. It will have the same basic
      structure, but it will not censor or delete members posts simply
      because it does not promote me and my business. Yahoo groups are sooo
      easy to set up, it took me all of 15 minutes. For 3 years now i have
      debated whether or not to do this. I wanted to avoid this out of
      simplicity, most of us are on snowkiteidaho and that made it easy.
      But it is not an 'open' forum.

      It is Eddy's Yahoo group and if you post something then it better
      benefit gear daddy. Anyways if you sign up for the new yahoo group
      no doubt you will see a few Ads from me, but i also will not hastle
      somebody for saying ' hey i just found a super cheap kite on ebay',
      or something. Yes I have a kite business and yes I started this
      forum, but it is open to all members and all posts. Chat groups
      should be OPEN and FREE to say what you want and this is my goal with
      this forum. Even Eddy can post stuff about his kite Business on it.
      The only things i will delete are Ads from 3rd party out of staters.
      I am also willing to let somebody else run the group that is not
      involved with a kite business, that way it is truly non-bias."

      End quote

      I won't attempt to speak for you, but I don't like my freedom of
      speech or choice taken from me, especially when a 'group' is supposed
      to facilitate both. There's a reason people are attracted to this
      sport, and it has nothing to do with showing off or how cool you
      think you are. It's about freedom, the feeling of flight and pushing
      your own limits. Apparently Eddy has the monopoly on that too!

      J.Mac