RE: [BSA] Re: Friday LP

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2008
      True Jim,

      I followed Tony W's advice and got up there later around 8:15AM.  It looked great as I drove acrross the damn with Jim T.  Bruce was ripping up the canyon.  I ran up to Caviani Cove and started setting up.  THen I saw Jim NOT getting back up on his board and Bruce pumping to get back into to Barclay Bay.  I started feeling bad for myself and tought it wasn't going to happen today.  I kept on telling myself it would eventually come back so I kept rigging.  By 9:00AM I was debating whether to launch.  What the hell... I was ready to go.  So I struggled to get my kite launched in Brickner Bay for 15 minutes.  After rolling the kite throught the fifth line a few times, I finally got it up and hit the moderate but smooth wind.  With tangled and twisted lines I managed to have a lovely (best way to desribe it.... kinda a religious moment) time on the water.  Just me and Jim, the sun, warm water, cool breeze, and peaceful seagulls cruising the lake.  In the end I was glad I did it.  You've got to want it bad though.  Got about 40 minutes on the water then had to come back to the bay and pack up the muddy wet 15M Fuel.

      Hoping for tomorrow.

      P.S.  Did anyone see this!?!?!  Best Kiteboarding video clip I have EVER seen.

      LEN10_Gorge_2008_480p.mp4 [97.6mb]

      Did I tell you guys I ride the same kind of kite as him. ;-)

      -Brick