Re: [snowkiteidaho] weather station close to Lucky

  • Tom von Alten
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2, 2008
      > SO here it is the camera and maybe some wind info printed at the top.
      > http://birice.vaisala.com/photos/03212210_06E1B86F_cam1.jpg

      Not sure what to make of that. What kind of station? Where's the feed?
      Is that picture FROM the station somehow, with its tagging? If so, how
      did you get that?

      I did stumble upon a Lucky Peak dam feed!
      http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?wfo=mso&sid=LUCI1&num=744&raw=0&dbn=c
      Just has temperatures (at this point?), no anemometer readings.
      _____________
      Tom von Alten http://fortboise.org/
      tva@...
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 2, 2008
        Re: [snowkiteidaho] weather station close to Lucky Tom,

        I saw this meter the other day as well and there is annometer on it. I searched for it also and no luck.

        I was up that direction to  check out the new restaurant on hill top is awesome. “Kodiak Grill” a much better morning stop after LP then Trolley House. Although it is a drive in the wrong direction.

        Eddy

        On 9/2/08 1:45 PM, "Kiter - Tom von Alten" <tva@...> wrote:

        > SO here it is the camera and maybe some wind info printed at the top.
        > http://birice.vaisala.com/photos/03212210_06E1B86F_cam1.jpg

        Not sure what to make of that. What kind of station? Where's the feed?
        Is that picture FROM the station somehow, with its tagging? If so, how
        did you get that?

        I did stumble upon a Lucky Peak dam feed!
        http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?wfo=mso&sid=LUCI1&num=744&raw=0&dbn=c
        Just has temperatures (at this point?), no anemometer readings.
        _____________
        Tom von Alten http://fortboise.org/
        tva@... <mailto:tva%40fortboise.org>

      • Chrizzo
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 2, 2008
          Hey Tom i dont know about those questions you asked BUT i found it on
          the ITD web site, i think its itd.idaho.gov or something, where you
          can also check out the Camas Cam which is going to be getting lots of
          attetnion here soon enough.

          So ill have to try a Kodiak steak next time im passing through.
          How can you throw the Trolly under the bus like that though.. jeeeeez
          man thats like kicking grandma right in the bad hip! But im sure the
          Kodaik is worthy...
          Lake Lull is the new name for that place which we almost always get
          some skunkification.

          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Gear Daddy LLC

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 2, 2008
            KITE PORN ANYONE?

            http://www.youkiteboard.com/view_video.php?
            viewkey=c4fa56eb1e1f8cbe183b&page=1&viewtype=&category=mv

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 2, 2008
              Then again, if we had just gotten off our asses sooner, we would have had a good sess like Steve and Jon B.

              But Lake Lull..... so appropriate.

              -Brick

              Hey Tom i dont know about those questions you asked BUT i found it on
              the ITD web site, i think its itd.idaho.gov or something, where you
              can also check out the Camas Cam which is going to be getting lots of
              attetnion here soon enough.

              So ill have to try a Kodiak steak next time im passing through.
              How can you throw the Trolly under the bus like that though.. jeeeeez
              man thats like kicking grandma right in the bad hip! But im sure the
              Kodaik is worthy...
              Lake Lull is the new name for that place which we almost always get
              some skunkification.

              --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, Gear Daddy LLC

              Tom,

              href="http://birice.vaisala.com/photos/03212210_06E1B86F_cam1.jpg">http://birice. vaisala.com/ photos/03212210_ 06E1B86F_ cam1.jpg

              href="http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?">http://www.wrh. noaa.gov/ mesowest/ getobext. php?
              href="http://fortboise.org/">http://fortboise. org/
              > > tva@...
              <mailto:tva% 40fortboise. org>

            • Tom von Alten
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 2, 2008
                > Hey Tom i dont know about those questions you asked BUT i found it on
                > the ITD web site, i think its itd.idaho.gov or something, where you

                Ah, http://511.idaho.gov/default.asp?display=cams

                Or the "high bandwidth" version, with a Google map:
                http://hb.511.idaho.gov/main.jsf

                If it has a weather station, they're keeping it very close to the vest.
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 2, 2008
                  Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: weather station close to Lucky It appears that it is only active during winter for pass information

                  http://511.idaho.gov/staticMap.asp?display=mountain

                  Eddy