weather station close to Lucky

  • Chrizzo
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2, 2008
      Driving back form Spring shores there IS a weather station, which may
      help us more accuratley predict the wind at the damn. Its right at
      Hilltop where the restaurant is.. It probably took them at least 15
      yrs of submitting applications for them to get it there...;~)

      SO here it is the camera and maybe some wind info printed at the top.
      WOuld somebody, smarter than me figure out more on the wind speed, and
      update frequency...

      http://birice.vaisala.com/photos/03212210_06E1B86F_cam1.jpg

      Maybe between the both of them it might be more conclusive...
    • Tom von Alten
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 2, 2008
        > SO here it is the camera and maybe some wind info printed at the top.
        > http://birice.vaisala.com/photos/03212210_06E1B86F_cam1.jpg

        Not sure what to make of that. What kind of station? Where's the feed?
        Is that picture FROM the station somehow, with its tagging? If so, how
        did you get that?

        I did stumble upon a Lucky Peak dam feed!
        http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?wfo=mso&sid=LUCI1&num=744&raw=0&dbn=c
        Just has temperatures (at this point?), no anemometer readings.
        _____________
        Tom von Alten http://fortboise.org/
        tva@...
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 2, 2008
          Re: [snowkiteidaho] weather station close to Lucky Tom,

          I saw this meter the other day as well and there is annometer on it. I searched for it also and no luck.

          I was up that direction to  check out the new restaurant on hill top is awesome. “Kodiak Grill” a much better morning stop after LP then Trolley House. Although it is a drive in the wrong direction.

          Eddy

          On 9/2/08 1:45 PM, "Kiter - Tom von Alten" <tva@...> wrote:

          > SO here it is the camera and maybe some wind info printed at the top.
          > http://birice.vaisala.com/photos/03212210_06E1B86F_cam1.jpg

          Not sure what to make of that. What kind of station? Where's the feed?
          Is that picture FROM the station somehow, with its tagging? If so, how
          did you get that?

          I did stumble upon a Lucky Peak dam feed!
          http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?wfo=mso&sid=LUCI1&num=744&raw=0&dbn=c
          Just has temperatures (at this point?), no anemometer readings.
          _____________
          Tom von Alten http://fortboise.org/
          tva@... <mailto:tva%40fortboise.org>

        • Chrizzo
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 2, 2008
            Hey Tom i dont know about those questions you asked BUT i found it on
            the ITD web site, i think its itd.idaho.gov or something, where you
            can also check out the Camas Cam which is going to be getting lots of
            attetnion here soon enough.

            So ill have to try a Kodiak steak next time im passing through.
            How can you throw the Trolly under the bus like that though.. jeeeeez
            man thats like kicking grandma right in the bad hip! But im sure the
            Kodaik is worthy...
            Lake Lull is the new name for that place which we almost always get
            some skunkification.

            --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Gear Daddy LLC

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 2, 2008
              KITE PORN ANYONE?

              http://www.youkiteboard.com/view_video.php?
              viewkey=c4fa56eb1e1f8cbe183b&page=1&viewtype=&category=mv

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 2, 2008
                Then again, if we had just gotten off our asses sooner, we would have had a good sess like Steve and Jon B.

                But Lake Lull..... so appropriate.

                -Brick

                href="http://birice.vaisala.com/photos/03212210_06E1B86F_cam1.jpg">http://birice. vaisala.com/ photos/03212210_ 06E1B86F_ cam1.jpg

                href="http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?">http://www.wrh. noaa.gov/ mesowest/ getobext. php?
                href="http://fortboise.org/">http://fortboise. org/
                > > tva@...
                <mailto:tva% 40fortboise. org>

              • Tom von Alten
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 2, 2008
                  > Hey Tom i dont know about those questions you asked BUT i found it on
                  > the ITD web site, i think its itd.idaho.gov or something, where you

                  Ah, http://511.idaho.gov/default.asp?display=cams

                  Or the "high bandwidth" version, with a Google map:
                  http://hb.511.idaho.gov/main.jsf

                  If it has a weather station, they're keeping it very close to the vest.
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 2, 2008
                    Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: weather station close to Lucky It appears that it is only active during winter for pass information

                    http://511.idaho.gov/staticMap.asp?display=mountain

                    Eddy