Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: [BSA] Re: Mon

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2008
      Went to lake Lowell it was light but fun

      Sent from
      Eddy Petranek

      On Sep 1, 2008, at 6:27 PM, "Tom von Alten" <tva@...> wrote:

      No sign of you there by 3pm... Jack went out as wind dummy about 2,
      slogged around on a 5.3. Looked like I could've put some miles on my
      6.9, but that wasn't what I had in mind for a Labor Day spectacular,
      and I packed it in (only to experience a WB detour between Simco
      Rd and the Stage Stop, for a jackknifed trailer).

      The front was tailing off at C.J., and judging by the numbers
      at the Mtn Home RAWS, it was a morning thing today. (What's up
      with G30+ all afternoon? I didn't feel any 30mph gusts.)

      I'm guessing the north arm with its better canyon might have been
      more fun today... kites would've been fine in the afternoon, but
      needed more players.
      ____________ _
      Tom von Alten http://fortboise. org/
      tva@fortboise. org

      On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 10:47 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ gmail.com> wrote:

      > Lake Lowell was ok yesterday 2-3:30 then it dropped came back up ~ 4
      > then got much better after 6. Water quality was fine, a little water
      > is missing and level is down maybe 2'. It was a long walk to water
      > edge, but a lot of room to set up kites, I think there was 7 of us!
      >
      > Heading to cj this afternoon!

    • Tom von Alten
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2008
        Here's why they weren't letting people on I-84 WB between
        Simco and Blacks Cr -- seems a woman tried to take it EB:

        http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/490296.html

        Turns out there are worse things than not getting out on the water
        on Labor Day.
        Tom von Alten http://fortboise.org/
        tva@...
      • tony williams
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2008

          You should have been at Cascade this weekend.  Sunday was really good with white caps galore and not unusually gusty.

          Monday was not as good and I tried a different launch, just below the golf course as there is a lot of beach  there.

          I did a hour on the water but it turned in to a downwinder which is ok as there is about 2 miles of sand shore line now.  Wife followed me down the shore line with the car.  Water is nice temp and still clean smelling.