Re: [BSA] Re: Mon

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2008
      Lake Lowell was ok yesterday 2-3:30 then it dropped came back up ~ 4
      then got much better after 6. Water quality was fine, a little water
      is missing and level is down maybe 2'. It was a long walk to water
      edge, but a lot of room to set up kites, I think there was 7 of us!

      Heading to cj this afternoon!

      Sent from
      Eddy Petranek

      On Sep 1, 2008, at 9:39 AM, "Tom Cavaiani" <tcavaiani@...>
      wrote:

      > I went to Black Sands yesterday. It was windy enough to sail and kite
      > from about 11:00 am on. The wind filled in nicely by 2:30pm. Dave
      > Wing
      > and I were the only two there. David used a 6.5 m and I used a 12 m
      > kite until 2:30pm then went to my 5.5 m and 96 liter board. May
      > happen
      > again today. Right now winds are between 20 to 30 at Mt. Home.
      >
      > Tom

      > Yesterday seemed to blow pretty hard. Did anyone get out and
      > sail?? I
      > unfortunately am in the middle of a shed building project. Might get
      > finished early enough to head out this afternoon. Anyone going
      > anywhere??? CJ, Lowell. Eddy how was the scum at Lowell yesterday???
      >
      > James R. Tighe (Jim)
      > Gem State Gymnastics Academy / Tighe Gym Sales
      > 5420 W State St.
      > Boise, Idaho 83703
      > 208-853-3220 gym, 208-859-1397 Cell, 208-853-9021 FAX
      > jim@...

    • Tom von Alten
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2008
        No sign of you there by 3pm... Jack went out as wind dummy about 2,
        slogged around on a 5.3. Looked like I could've put some miles on my
        6.9, but that wasn't what I had in mind for a Labor Day spectacular,
        and I packed it in (only to experience a WB detour between Simco
        Rd and the Stage Stop, for a jackknifed trailer).

        The front was tailing off at C.J., and judging by the numbers
        at the Mtn Home RAWS, it was a morning thing today. (What's up
        with G30+ all afternoon? I didn't feel any 30mph gusts.)

        I'm guessing the north arm with its better canyon might have been
        more fun today... kites would've been fine in the afternoon, but
        needed more players.
        _____________
        Tom von Alten http://fortboise.org/
        tva@...

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2008
          Went to lake Lowell it was light but fun

          Sent from
          Eddy Petranek

          ____________ _
          Tom von Alten http://fortboise. org/
          tva@fortboise. org

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2008
            Here's why they weren't letting people on I-84 WB between
            Simco and Blacks Cr -- seems a woman tried to take it EB:

            http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/490296.html

            Turns out there are worse things than not getting out on the water
            on Labor Day.
            Tom von Alten http://fortboise.org/
            tva@...
          • tony williams
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 2, 2008

              You should have been at Cascade this weekend.  Sunday was really good with white caps galore and not unusually gusty.

              Monday was not as good and I tried a different launch, just below the golf course as there is a lot of beach  there.

              I did a hour on the water but it turned in to a downwinder which is ok as there is about 2 miles of sand shore line now.  Wife followed me down the shore line with the car.  Water is nice temp and still clean smelling.