Re: [snowkiteidaho] FREE BEER: Tour de Fat seeks volunteers

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 14, 2008
      Whit,

      Sign Laura and myself up. 11-1 would work best or let me know, I would like to ride in parade. Later is bad for us, prior obligations, Thanks H&H.

      "March 4th Band" is a riot and worth seeing!!!!!

      Thanks,
      Eddy

      On Aug 14, 2008, at 12:26 PM, Whitney Rearick wrote:

      The Tour de Fat is approaching quickly!  Hope you can all help us out this year (typically we set up 2 hour shifts).  You can either contact Margie directly or let me know when you can help out.  We will hook you up with a t-shirt and beer too!

      Kristi Regotti
      SWIMBA Vice President

      The tour is back on August 23, 2008 at a new venue, Ann Morrison Park! We have a great new bike parade route and expect even more costumed riders this year. If you haven't attended this free event, it is the event of the summer with lots of unique entertainment, music and bike events. The bike parade starts at 10:00 a.m. and the beer starts flowing as the riders return. See below for a schedule of events.

      SWIMBA needs lots of volunteers to make this event a big success again. Please contact Margie Rosenberg, maggie.mayz@ yahoo.com , to volunteer.
      Please remember that this is our major fundraiser of the year.  These are the funds that SWIMBA uses for matching funds when applying for grants.  Most recently SWIMBA successfully requested a grant for a new East Side Trail Head that will be constructed this fall.  SWIMBA also donated matching funds to Ridge to Rivers successful grant request for the Watchman Trail that will be constructed this fall to connect 5 mile and 3-bears.  We need your help to make this event work.

      Boise Tour de Fat Agenda**
      http://www.followyo urfolly.com/ folly_tour_ de_fat.html
      Sub Venue at the Fountain
      9:00am BIKE CRUISE-ADE REGISTRATION BEGINS
      10:00am BIKE PARADE DEPARTS
      11:00am-11:30am RIDERS RETURN FROM BIKE PARADE, HUNKER DOWN, TAP THE KEGS AND LET THE FESTIVUS BEGIN
      11:00am-11:30am (Revival Stage) WELCOME ANNOUNCEMENTS, HOUSE RULES, and INTRODUCTIONS
      11:30am-12:00pm (Revival Stage) ACT #1 - SLOW DOWN or THROW DOWN, Annual Slow Ride Competition
      12:00pm-12:20pm NANDA – Acrobaticalists followed by circus tricks and amazing feats WORKSHOP
      12:20pm-1:30pm (Music Stage) 1st BAND: PAPERBIRD
      1:30pm-2:00pm (Revival Stage) ACT 2: - Carpocalypse Now : Funeral Procession and Interpretive Dance Exorcism and Contest
      2:00pm-2:30pm THE SPROCKETTTES – PORTLAND’S ORIGINAL MINIBIKE DANCE TROUPE
      2:40pm-3:25pm (Revival Stage) 2nd BAND: March Fourth Marching Band
      3:30pm-4:00pm ACT 3: Would you Trade Your Car for a Bike? (Revival Stage)
      4:00pm - THANKS FOR COMING TO20TOUR DE FAT!
      Ride your Bike!
      Go read the 10 Commandments of Tour de Fat.

      Gear Daddy LLC
      (208) 863-6966