RE: [snowkiteidaho] LP, Pictures, & Newbies

  • Ryan Wait
    Message 1 of 201 , Aug 6, 2008
      i think we all want to avoid newbies , but in a way we are help with the lesson. new kiters need to learn what it's like in a combat zone. it's training for the Gorge.

      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
      From: geardaddyllc@...
      Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 21:12:53 +0000
      Subject: [snowkiteidaho] LP, Pictures, & Newbies

      For me it will be 5 in a row!!!!

      But the best part is that it looks good all the way thru weekend.

      I added a new photo album "Lucky Peak 08" Check it out. Also if you
      want copies of pictures I have please get me a blank CD or memory
      stick (any kind) so that I can burn them. New camera has taken 3500+
      pictures so far. A lot of the ones on my mac are burning up space and
      I'm getting ready to start deleting.

      Small favor to ask / remind: When new students are passing thru the
      group give them a little room... I remember how intimidating it was
      when I first flew a kite on the water...Only difference was there
      weren't other kites out there when I started. lol

      I know the students don't have right away, and no-one has to get out
      of the way, but newbies tend to go where they are looking, and if they
      are looking at you eventually something will happen.

      Keep it safe and have fun, so many big smiles today. And the 2 Chicas
      are getting it dialed!!!

      LP Rocks!!!

      --- In snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com, "Steve Linane" <stevelinane@ ...>
      > Two excellent mornings in a row lets go for three

      Reveal your inner athlete and share it with friends on Windows Live. Share now!
    • Jim Tighe
      Message 201 of 201 , Sep 29

        Boy the numbers looked so good this morning.  But boy the lake looked questionable.  It had to be the sun was not on the water yet so no white caps, right.  Peter finally launched from Caviani Cove/Brickner Beach so I rigged the 5.6 and sloughed out but to my surprise there was enough wind to plane.  I sailed ok for a couple dozen reaches then came in and got the 7.7 and go board out.  Jim S also launched from CC / BB and the three of us had a very nice morning.  That is until Jim did something in the air and his FINGER thingy that keeps the chicken loop on Broke.  He dangled like a trapeze artist spinning out of control.  His day was done.  But his wife is expecting (overdue a day or two, inducing on the way) so he thinks that was his last day for a while.  I sailed up to Beef Butte and then a great down winder and planed to the dock.  As I packed up the lake turned white with wind and I almost went back out.  No clouds warm water even the temp was good.  And the beaches are out so watch out if you have a long fin!!!  Tomorrow looks good see you all in the morning.

        James R. Tighe

        Gem State Gymnastics Academy / Tighe Gym Sales

        5420 W. State St., Boise, Idaho 83703

        Gym; 208-853-3220

        Cell; 208-859-1397

        email: jim@...