Re: [snowkiteidaho] LP, Pictures, & Newbies

  • Kay Walst6on
    Message 1 of 171 , Aug 6, 2008
      Hey Eddy,
      I didn't get any photos...did I miss something or do you need to resend.
      Thanks!
      Kay

      Message 171 of 171 , Oct 24, 2013

        Hello Jim,

        Interesting idea.  It would be helpful for someone to do an energy budget study before sinking the money.  First, I’m not sure how efficient the inverter in the backup UPS is.  Second, I’m not sure what the full current draw of the system is (WiFi Hotspot, Weatherbridge router, and Weatherstation).  It shouldn’t be much at all (no more than 1-2 Amps at 120VAC – 120-240Watts), but it needs to be measured.  You would also want to make sure the system could handle the extreme outdoor conditions up there.  Specifically condensing moisture on the electronics.  It’s not so much the cold, but the possibility of condensing moisture can be a killer.

        -JBrick