Re: Oktoberfest

  • Eddy
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 2008
      Dave,

      Same goes for me...You were a lot of fun to be around. especially your
      enthusiasm, It was also interesting to watch and see if you were going
      to go POSTAL at Micron. LOL, Glad you got out!!!

      Best wishes for you and your Family. If you have no luck getting rid
      of your kite stuff before you leave I can try to get rid of it and
      send you the proceeds.

      Good luck and enjoy your new found Freedom,
      Eddy

      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, tony williams
      <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

      > Sorry to see you go Dave, your excitement in the sport was a great
      boost for the rest of us who kited with you.
      > Very glad your wifes cancer is gone, and you should definately take
      advantage of all that life has to offer you.
      > I envy your new life of liesure and your chance to live in a new
      country. I really enjoyed my time overseas and you will have so many
      things to accomplish (not just the language)
      > I don't have any kites to sell you and am not in the need for a new
      water kite but there if I hear of anyone, I will give them your e-mail.

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5, 2008
        I never met you Dave but best wishes on going to 'live the dream'.  Keep us posted on your adventure.

        -Jason

        Dave <kristin.david. ritz@...>
        href="mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com">snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com

        Sent: Tuesday, August 5, 2008 12:18:16 PM
        > Subject: [snowkiteidaho]
        Oktoberfest

        > I NEED SOME DUAL FOIL KITES before I move
        to Munich on Sept 9th.
        > Preferably a 10, 12, 14 or some combination of
        the above.

        > I was unable to sell my brand new kite trike, so
        maybe we could work a
        > trade? I hate doing ebay, but I may be forced to
        sell it that way. I
        > also have a Slingshot 15m LEI that I cant sell (go
        figure! I should
        > have listened to you Eddy, my bad), I have $400 into
        it, I imagine one
        > day I'll just give it to someone because I'll never be
        able to sell it.

        > Your not going to believe this. My wife just
        accepted a fantastic job
        > offer for Germany. I'm finally "one of you".
        And what I mean by
        > "you" is
        > 1) Steady income
        > 2) Not
        working
        > 3) Living in a place with great kite skiing (Munich, 90 mins
        > Switzerland, 90 minutes to Austria)
        > 4) with free health care!
        (bonus).

        href="http://www.toytowng">http://www.toytowng ermany.com/ wiki/Snowkiting_ spots_near_ Munich

        > My wife's skin cancer surgeries are over,
        she had about 8, and she is
        > "clean" for now. But her sister died about 8
        weeks ago, and two close
        > friends died in the last year (add to the list
        grandma and her father
        > a few years back). Anyway, she's at her end. We
        are moving to
        > Germany. It is time, so here we go. I promised her we
        could go back
        > when we married 11 years ago, so I'm keeping that promise!
        Her mom
        > (Who is living in Germany) is having mini-strokes, so that was
        the
        > "last straw".
        >
        > We both had interviews and job
        offers, but we couldn't find a place
        > where we could both be employed.
        Since my type of job (tech,
        > electronic eng, computer sci type stuff) is
        much more common in the
        > Munich region, we decided to accept her
        fantastic offer, and I'll just
        > be unemployed for a while (happily).
        >
        > The basic plan for me is: Learn more German, handle
        immigration,
        > apply for graduate school (practically free and in
        English), perhaps
        > when the college applications come back next summer,
        make a decision
        > to work or do school. In the meantime I'll be focusing
        on mountain
        > biking, kite skiing, and triathlons. My wife's hobby of
        choice is
        > orienteering, so I'm sure we'll be filling lots of weekends
        with that
        > as well.
        >
        > Anyway, I just purchased 4 one-way
        tickets to Munich for my family.
        > That felt really strange.
        >
        > Oktoberfest for 2008 is Sept 20th - Oct 5th. (It covers 3
        weekends).
        > We won't have amazing accommodations during that range of
        time, not
        > much furniture, but we will have a decent place with a spare
        room. So
        > if you guys want to come and crash in a sleeping bag/pad on the
        floor,
        > you are more than welcome to. If you guys need a place to stay
        in
        > Munich, you have one! We are about 40 minutes from the
        Oktoberfest
        > site, and we are about 40 minutes from the Munich
        airport.

        > From working at Micron, to partying in Munich, who
        would have thought?

        > Dave

      • Darrel Thomas
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 5, 2008

          Yes, it was great to have had the opportunity to kite with you this winter and help you get the hang of it.  I always had a good time kiting around with you!  Good luck In Munchen.

          Don’t forget to write and tell us of your wild adventures.  Maybe J and I will have to come do a kitesite.com episode over there with you.

          Prosit!!

          Darrel

          <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

          > Sorry to see you go Dave, your excitement in the sport was a great
          boost for the rest of us who kited with you.
          > Very glad your wifes cancer is gone, and you should definately take
          advantage of all that life has to offer you.
          > I envy your new life of liesure and your chance to live in a new
          country. I really enjoyed my time overseas and you will have so many
          things to accomplish (not just the language)
          > I don't have any kites to sell you and am not in the need for a new
          water kite but there if I hear of anyone, I will give them your e-mail.
          > Have a great trip and best of Luck.
          > TW

        • Brian Kerr
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 11, 2008
            Good Luck Dave with your new adventure.
            I have a 13M Peter Lynn foil kite that works great as either a
            snowkite or a water kite. Its in great shape with no repairs. Email
            me at bkerrmd@... if your interested.

            Brian Kerr