Re: [snowkiteidaho] Friday session

  • Kay Walst6on
    Message 1 of 64 , Aug 1, 2008
      Hey Westy,
      We're trying to get your booties back to you...Scott will call but if you get this e-mail first call us at 860-5053.
      We're heading to Hood River around 9:00 am this morning.
      Thanks!
      kay

      From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@ gmail.com>
      To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Friday, July 25, 2008, 12:04 PM

      Only dismiss LP if the overall NW flow if it is above 8 mph!!!!

      Wind meter updates at 6:45 am and it usually gets better when sun starts to hit water. So in the last couple years when it is worthy of being there, 7:30-9:30 is best.

      MTN Home:  W/NW 6-teens go back to bed, NW <6<9G  can work, N in MTH is good, NE better, E/SE Best (but not like the kites!), sometimes if it is way strong >20 it kills all the natural flow and LP is no good, super gusty.

      Boise:   W/NW 6 go back to bed, NW < 6 is potentially doable, Calm good, E/SE Great

      Caldwell does not really mean a lot in reality, unless other wind sensors are offline. then follow the Boise rules but add a couple.

      All these recommendations are for Kiters only, Windsurfing needs more or less depending how you look at it.

      Hope this guide line helps.
      Eddy

      On Jul 25, 2008, at 7:34 AM, tony williams wrote:

      Dang wind
      at 5:40 the latest wind readings were still blowing strong from the W at caldwell and Mt Home.  Thought it was not going to happen.
      If I only knew that it was blowing 14-23 at the LP meter.  To bad is does not update till 7:00. Well hope others were smarter and just went and out anyway. They are probably killing it right now, instead of sitting at work :(  !!
      TW

      Message 64 of 64 , Aug 29, 2014
        Cool, next time I should just follow behind you in order to get myself in the video more!

        On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 2:09 PM, RUSTY HILL <rustyshill@...> wrote:
        I didn't even look at the forecast until last night around 11 but Right away I knew it looked good. Chris and I played around for quite a while... I shot some video from my surfboard and Chris made a couple cameos. Check it out!

        Rusty Hill

        On Aug 29, 2014, at 10:29 AM, Chris Lee <leelinfat@...> wrote:

        I hope I didn't scare people away... I did say I was optimistic, right? :-)

        Turns out to be a pretty good session up at LP... just have to deal with the occasional lulls.

        Only 1 sail, 1 kite, & 1 SUP.

        --
        Best regards,
        Chris Lee.