Fwd: Wind Meter permission slip ;-)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 21, 2008
      Hey guys,

      Just a quick update on the wind meter situation.  I was lead to believe that this was going to be a done deal up front, but things change. I don't know if it will happen this year or not...

      I'm super bummed but I don't know what else to do or say. I think ACE is starting to get tired of the situation, and my bugging them.  Unfortunately things with the Government takes time.

      Read below if you want to know the current situation.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the meter before the end of August or just in time to take it down for the season.

      Eddy

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: "Dunning, Joyce M NWW" <Joyce.M.Dunning@...>
      Date: July 21, 2008 5:39:02 PM MDT
      To: "Gear Daddy LLC" <geardaddyllc@...>
      Cc: "Hyde, Keith B NWW" <Keith.B.Hyde@...>
      Subject: RE: Wind Meter permission slip  ;-)

      Eddy,
      All the documents are in our Real Estate office and being prepared to be
      staffed around to the appropriate offices.

      Yes, gas prices stick for all of us and as much as we would like to move your
      project forward quickly, remember when we talked I told you that this is a
      slow process and we would move it as quickly as we could.  Typically these
      things take at least one year and we are hopefully this one will not take
      that long.  However, I have recommended that we do not charge a license fee
      and in fact we provide the phone line and pay the fees for that; in exchange
      for annual volunteer support hours, with that; these types of projects,
      however important to us, do not take priority over encroachment issues,
      public safety and hazards or environmental concerns for our real estate
      office.  Factor that with our staff working 7 days a week during recreation
      season so not a M-F schedule, our real estate folks being extremely short
      handed due to retirements and the folks who are there, like most
      non-recreation staff type folks, take vacations in the summer.

      All in all, I don't want to sound discouraging, because you know I believe in
      and support this project, but it is moving as quickly as it can at this
      point.  I will be thrilled for anything finalized within a year's time frame
      on this type of action.

      The beach is looking great although there is still much long term work to do.
      The new ADA concrete work is super popular.
      If you are in Boise now, I was just up at Barclay an hour ago and the water
      is perfect for windsailing, I'd say.
      Joyce

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 21, 2008
        I understand the govt works on its own time but you've really got to
        ask yourselves how does our govt even function?? Really Guys? Its
        nice we have support but there are ways to get more support at a
        higher level. Might cost lunch. But its really difficult to
        understand what and how freakin much red tape they dispence just to
        avoid making any decisions... Okay thats all i want to say on that.
        Would really be nice to take advantage of our wind that we have
        here. Dont forget by the people FOR the people.. alright that was
        the last diggity im throwin. Thanks Eddy for all the attention youve
        been giving this. We all understand the pain your head gets when
        beating it against a wall.
        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Gear Daddy LLC