Re: Lp was good this morning!

  • solarcyclops
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 18, 2008
      I for one would prefer the advantage of starting upwind as a noob.
      I've been hitching rides from the Turner dock to 'Brickner beach' and
      launching sketchily I may add from there. It's a fluky cove with the
      wind coming over the ridge on a southerly angle pushing you back into
      the jetty.

      If a boat was available it'd be a huge advantage for beginners or
      those looking for downwinder action from the beaches upwind. Either
      way, I'm in!

      Jason Mac

      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Westerdoll"
      <westerdoll@...> wrote:

      > Hi all!
      >
      > I talked with Steve Linane this morning before I went out, LP was
      OK. Since I was the only person within 10 miles I had to rig my
      windsurfer with my 7.7m sail and went out on my 130L board. I was lit
      about half the time from 7:30-8:45 when the winds started to taper,
      if I was a better boarder or had my kite up it would have been good.
      I think I could have sailed my 15m kite easily, I just needed
      launching help. I would estimate the wind about 12-15 until they
      tapered. It was a different wind today, best near the dam and not
      much at the narrows. Obviously not great, but it was very doable.

      > Today is a perfect example of why we need a wind thing up there.
      Today the only reason I went up is that the wind had a "southern
      feel" to it at my house near the Airport. I lucked out.

      > I am willing to get my boats out for anybody that, like myself,
      would like the advantage of starting upwind.