Re: [snowkiteidaho] gorge games

  • tony williams
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 15 1:18 PM
      Still planning to be out tomorrow Ryan?  I would like to come and watch Mr Parker throw down some big power moves.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 21 12:32 PM
        just wanted to rub it in a little. Chris P, billy parker, and i drove to the gorge on wed. and kited Rufus in 9m weather for 2 hours, then drove to hood. Thurs was 8m weather all day, and the free style comp was amazing. event site was packed. afterwards we kited until dark, so 4+ hrs. Friday was wind surfing comp's and there was nobody even watching (pretty funny). we rode 9m's all day on friday. sat was the big air comp and again 9m weather. Crazy big air, a 40 footer was standard fair. afterwards we rode again until dark. sunday was 9m weather again and we kited from noon to 7pm. then drove home. what a trip!!!!! 5 days a gorge kiting will just about kill yeah.

        i hope lp starts working! it's been a pretty lame july up there.

        Cheers,
        Ryan

        Time for vacation? WIN what you need. Enter Now!
      • john perry
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 21 4:13 PM
          hahaha I lost really bad went out under powered did not land a thing hahaha oh well better luck next time!! i had and eipc session tho later that day. Billy is so smooth by the way i was so confused why he did not make it to the finals???
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 21 11:59 PM
            Thats a shitter John. On top of that to get the REAL points you have
            to come into the wind shadow to pull a trick. Well file that away
            for next years games. Billy lost his chicken loop and made it back
            to shore grabbed another loop and still should have won his heat. It
            was absolutely lame they gave it to a wake skate doing goofy flat
            water skate tricks. Thats cool and all but nowhere the skill level
            needed to do KGB's etc. Some of the judges had no clue what level to
            score tricks and there technicality. One even told us the night
            before he was looking online to try to figure it out. Se la vie.
            Saw J making some movie magic on his way through on Sun eve. Had a
            great time mostly on the 9 but 7's and lower were the go to kite on
            dangerous Sat at Hood. Kiters from all over the US and the long
            distance prize went to S(?) Lenten from Holland and ALvaro from
            Spain. All and all it was sick sick sick kiting, non stop. Im
            barely able to walk but if Lucky is lucky its ON! you guys should
            make that a vaca for sure next year. And the nectar beer flows
            freely.

            --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, john perry <kiterguuy@...>
            wrote:

            > hahaha I lost really bad went out under powered did not land a
            thing hahaha oh well better luck next time!! i had and eipc session
            tho later that day. Billy is so smooth by the way i was so confused
            why he did not make it to the finals???

          • kiterguuy
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 22 11:22 AM

              Yeah i was talking to my friend reed and he was saying one of the judges got booted cause he had a really good friend competein. Gay... But it was my first comp so i got a good experience and i know what to expect next time and over all i had lots of fun.  next time tho i am gonna ride so LIT they wont know what hit them MUHAHAHAHA!!!>:)>:)