Re: [snowkiteidaho] gorge games

  • tony williams
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 14, 2008

      The possibilities are not looking so good.

      Tomorrow the wind direction is favourable but the forecast is for clouds which always makes it hard to perdict.

      Wed the wind is from the west in the morning so also not good.

      Going to try tomorrow and hope something materializes.
      See you there if you are out.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
          Still planning to be out tomorrow Ryan?  I would like to come and watch Mr Parker throw down some big power moves.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 21, 2008
            just wanted to rub it in a little. Chris P, billy parker, and i drove to the gorge on wed. and kited Rufus in 9m weather for 2 hours, then drove to hood. Thurs was 8m weather all day, and the free style comp was amazing. event site was packed. afterwards we kited until dark, so 4+ hrs. Friday was wind surfing comp's and there was nobody even watching (pretty funny). we rode 9m's all day on friday. sat was the big air comp and again 9m weather. Crazy big air, a 40 footer was standard fair. afterwards we rode again until dark. sunday was 9m weather again and we kited from noon to 7pm. then drove home. what a trip!!!!! 5 days a gorge kiting will just about kill yeah.

            i hope lp starts working! it's been a pretty lame july up there.

            Cheers,
            Ryan

            Time for vacation? WIN what you need. Enter Now!
          • john perry
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 21, 2008
              hahaha I lost really bad went out under powered did not land a thing hahaha oh well better luck next time!! i had and eipc session tho later that day. Billy is so smooth by the way i was so confused why he did not make it to the finals???
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 21, 2008
                Thats a shitter John. On top of that to get the REAL points you have
                to come into the wind shadow to pull a trick. Well file that away
                for next years games. Billy lost his chicken loop and made it back
                to shore grabbed another loop and still should have won his heat. It
                was absolutely lame they gave it to a wake skate doing goofy flat
                water skate tricks. Thats cool and all but nowhere the skill level
                needed to do KGB's etc. Some of the judges had no clue what level to
                score tricks and there technicality. One even told us the night
                before he was looking online to try to figure it out. Se la vie.
                Saw J making some movie magic on his way through on Sun eve. Had a
                great time mostly on the 9 but 7's and lower were the go to kite on
                dangerous Sat at Hood. Kiters from all over the US and the long
                distance prize went to S(?) Lenten from Holland and ALvaro from
                Spain. All and all it was sick sick sick kiting, non stop. Im
                barely able to walk but if Lucky is lucky its ON! you guys should
                make that a vaca for sure next year. And the nectar beer flows
                freely.

                --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, john perry <kiterguuy@...>
                wrote:

                > hahaha I lost really bad went out under powered did not land a
                thing hahaha oh well better luck next time!! i had and eipc session
                tho later that day. Billy is so smooth by the way i was so confused
                why he did not make it to the finals???

              • kiterguuy
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 22, 2008

                  Yeah i was talking to my friend reed and he was saying one of the judges got booted cause he had a really good friend competein. Gay... But it was my first comp so i got a good experience and i know what to expect next time and over all i had lots of fun.  next time tho i am gonna ride so LIT they wont know what hit them MUHAHAHAHA!!!>:)>:)