gorge games

  • Ryan Wait
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 14, 2008
      Hey everybody, just wanted to give the heads up. Billy parker will be in town tomorrow and wed. before we head over to the gorge games. i am hoping we can get a lucky peak session in on wed. it would be pretty cool to have that kind of talent in our local spot. He would be the best kiter to ever ride the LP.

      lets pray for wind.

      Cheers,
      Ryan
      www.idahokitesports.com

      Making the world a better place one message at a time. Check out the i'm Talkathon.
    • tony williams
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 14, 2008

        The possibilities are not looking so good.

        Tomorrow the wind direction is favourable but the forecast is for clouds which always makes it hard to perdict.

        Wed the wind is from the west in the morning so also not good.

        Going to try tomorrow and hope something materializes.
        See you there if you are out.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
            Still planning to be out tomorrow Ryan?  I would like to come and watch Mr Parker throw down some big power moves.

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 21, 2008
              just wanted to rub it in a little. Chris P, billy parker, and i drove to the gorge on wed. and kited Rufus in 9m weather for 2 hours, then drove to hood. Thurs was 8m weather all day, and the free style comp was amazing. event site was packed. afterwards we kited until dark, so 4+ hrs. Friday was wind surfing comp's and there was nobody even watching (pretty funny). we rode 9m's all day on friday. sat was the big air comp and again 9m weather. Crazy big air, a 40 footer was standard fair. afterwards we rode again until dark. sunday was 9m weather again and we kited from noon to 7pm. then drove home. what a trip!!!!! 5 days a gorge kiting will just about kill yeah.

              i hope lp starts working! it's been a pretty lame july up there.

              Cheers,
              Ryan

              Time for vacation? WIN what you need. Enter Now!
            • john perry
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 21, 2008
                hahaha I lost really bad went out under powered did not land a thing hahaha oh well better luck next time!! i had and eipc session tho later that day. Billy is so smooth by the way i was so confused why he did not make it to the finals???
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 21, 2008
                  Thats a shitter John. On top of that to get the REAL points you have
                  to come into the wind shadow to pull a trick. Well file that away
                  for next years games. Billy lost his chicken loop and made it back
                  to shore grabbed another loop and still should have won his heat. It
                  was absolutely lame they gave it to a wake skate doing goofy flat
                  water skate tricks. Thats cool and all but nowhere the skill level
                  needed to do KGB's etc. Some of the judges had no clue what level to
                  score tricks and there technicality. One even told us the night
                  before he was looking online to try to figure it out. Se la vie.
                  Saw J making some movie magic on his way through on Sun eve. Had a
                  great time mostly on the 9 but 7's and lower were the go to kite on
                  dangerous Sat at Hood. Kiters from all over the US and the long
                  distance prize went to S(?) Lenten from Holland and ALvaro from
                  Spain. All and all it was sick sick sick kiting, non stop. Im
                  barely able to walk but if Lucky is lucky its ON! you guys should
                  make that a vaca for sure next year. And the nectar beer flows
                  freely.

                  --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, john perry <kiterguuy@...>
                  wrote:

                  > hahaha I lost really bad went out under powered did not land a
                  thing hahaha oh well better luck next time!! i had and eipc session
                  tho later that day. Billy is so smooth by the way i was so confused
                  why he did not make it to the finals???

                • kiterguuy
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 22, 2008

                    Yeah i was talking to my friend reed and he was saying one of the judges got booted cause he had a really good friend competein. Gay... But it was my first comp so i got a good experience and i know what to expect next time and over all i had lots of fun.  next time tho i am gonna ride so LIT they wont know what hit them MUHAHAHAHA!!!>:)>:)