Manzo Riding

  • solarcyclops
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2008
      Back from the Oregon coast, kited the Gorge on the way (Lit on a 5m and
      my 139 Stonker in 30+ knots. Hit Oceanside (south of Tillamook 11
      miles) and found great wind but not so friendly windsurfers. No
      incident, but they made it clear that OS was THEIR site, not 4 kiters.

      Either way, Manzo served up the right combo of smooth, strong winds and
      tasty 3-4 waves to boost off. The afternoon gusts were no joke with
      frequent bursts of 40 knots blowing everything but me off the beach.

      South of Pacific City at Bob Straub beach is another site that nobody
      was kiting at despite a perfect on-shore 20 knot wind all day that
      looked promising. All in all, an amazing kite-trip to the Coast that
      paid off big-time.

      With a month to explore & wait out the notorious Oregon rain the kiting
      would be epic.....now it's time to tell the Boss I need another week
      off.