Preserving sailing access to Lake Lowell

  • Tom von Alten
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2008
      Thanks for the report, Jim.

      Nice to hear that the south side is "much better than Gott's Point";
      I always thought Gott's Point was a pretty nice spot to work out
      of, especially on that memorable day when I was overpowered with
      a 3.9, and using the bay behind the point for shelter!

      > The ranger ... made a remark that the kite Steve was going out on
      > was not the head rangers favorite toy on the lake.

      I take it this wasn't brand commentary.

      > To his credit he said he'd act as if he did not see it. Said
      > there would be a lake use meeting coming up and the regulations
      > would be discussed.

      I would say that both windsurfers and kite sailors had best get
      some polite, politic, and constructive representation at said
      "lake use meeting," to fix what seems to be broken between our
      near-zero-impact sport and the management.

      Forwarding this to the kitesailors list as well (with Jim's
      original post, quoted below).
      Tom von Alten http://fortboise.org/
      tva@...