big wind day

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 4, 2008
      Its already blowing like stink , make you plans for this afternoon . Lake Lowl may be the call if it stays in the 30s out east
    • Nick Orlando
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 4, 2008
        Oh man... it's definitely going to be KILLER this afternoon!!!

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 4, 2008
          I'm planning a 3-ish departure  hopefully it starts to die a little.  But will hold out a little if it is way strong! Thinking of hitting CJ for some big swells on the East end.

          Anyone know if Gott Point (Lake Lowell) is open?

          Eddy

          On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 8:55 AM, Steve Linane <stevelinane@ clearwire. net> wrote:

          Its already blowing like stink , make you plans for this afternoon . Lake Lowl may be the call if it stays in the 30s out east

          Gear Daddy LLC
          (208) 863-6966

        • Eddy
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 4, 2008
            Rumor has it that there is a descent launch on the South shore of Lake
            Lowell. Take Hwy 45 south of Nampa to Lake Shore Dr. and follow it
            out a few miles; look for a parking area on Right about mid lake.
            Look for wind junkie vehicles!!!

            As long as the wind holds up I will be that direction round 4
            otherwise I'm heading East for CJ.

            Eddy
            863-6966

            --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, Gear Daddy LLC

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 4, 2008
              Alternate route to Lake Lowell...bypass downtown Nampa and many lights & stops & traffic:

              Take Garrity exit. and turn left going under freeway and just past Home Depot at top of the hill turn left at street in front of Shell station.  Go about 1/4 mile to STOP sign...that is Happy Valley Rd.  Turn right and stay on Happy Valley many miles (no lights few stop signs) to LEWIS.  Take right on LEWIS and go a few miles (also no lights/few stop signs) to HWY 45.  Left on Hiway 45 and about 1/4-half mile is Chevron Station at Lake Shore Rd.  Take a right on Lake Shore & go several miles to the third asphalted public parking area on right.

              On the way out I used the above route.  On the way back I tried the Hiway 45 thru Nampa to I84.  Lot more traffic through Nampa.

              Jon

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 4, 2008
                Definitely the best kit session at lake Lowell ever. got 4 strait hours of warm water and sunny sky's at 1:00 pm 23 G 31 at 5:00 26 G 35 the wind was like a symphony it would build to a crescendo and then decrescendo it play the same melody all day . perfect 12m kite or 5.0m sail
                and Eddy Got point is close see email 2 week ago .
                  what a session, totally lit on my 9 in my backyard lake. everybody
                  was grinning ear to ear and going huge. i really liked riding lake
                  lowell, great launch area compared to what we are used to. the swell
                  built up real nice, great lips for throwing backrolls. hopefully
                  friday will be a repeat session......

                  --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Linane" <stevelinane@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Definitely the best kit session at lake Lowell ever. got 4 strait
                  hours of warm water and sunny sky's at 1:00 pm 23 G 31 at 5:00 26 G 35
                  the wind was like a symphony it would build to a crescendo and then
                  decrescendo it play the same melody all day . perfect 12m kite or 5.0m
                  sail
                  > and Eddy Got point is close see email 2 week ago .

                • Nick Orlando
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 5, 2008
                    I went out to Simplot last night and it was freaking amazing. I only pulled out my 3 meter foil but it was MORE than enough to get me goin on my ATB. Great session out there. What an awesome evening!

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 5, 2008
                      Hey Hawk,

                      I would agree that yesterday was my favorite Lake Lowell session too.  WOW!!!  WOW!!!

                      I wish I would have taken out my 11m Fuel (Next time I'll listen to Jon Bolt).  The 15m was WAY too much.  I'm constantly surprised how much I can depower the kites with my cleatable fifth line though.  Did anyone else notice how relatively smooth the wind was.  It was damn near perfect.  The launch was also great.  The only thing that stunk was getting stuck in traffic on the way and getting lost on my way there and back.

                      Thanks Jon for the directions.  I will take them with me next time.

                      Big thanks for the phone call from Steve L tipping me off to Lake Lowell.  Wish I could have escaped work sooner.

                      Parlaying my wager till yesterday paid out huge.

                      -Jason

                      href="mailto:snowkiteidaho%40yahoogroups.com">snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                      > Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 9:40 AM
                      > Subject: Re: