Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: [BSA] LP tomorrow

  • Donald S. Cryder
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008
      Are you going tomorrow.  I'll be there around 7:00...you going?
      Scott

      Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:
      I was at the ironman event. Peak wind 14???

      Sent from
      Eddy Petranek

      On Jun 1, 2008, at 8:41 AM, "Jon Bolt" <idakiteman@gmail. com> wrote:

      ....BUT...Caldwell and Mountain Home are both showing NW-erly flow, which directly opposes the SE flow coming out of the dam and can constipate our morning drainage flow.  Not good when your morning drainage flow is constipated.  N/NW in MH & Caldwell means iffy chances of strong winds or winds lasting very long.  A better example of what to look for would include some sort of easterly flow in MH & Caldwell (ideally SE, but E and even NE work...but N or NW is unfavorable) .  As Steve says, even with all these indicators favorable, it can be zip....it just seems that when they are all there, the odds of being zip are much lower.

      On 6/1/08, Steve Linane <stevelinane@ clearwire. net > wrote:
      Looks like LP could of been good this morning by looking at the #s , for those of you trying to get familiar with the LP readings this morning is a good example of what to look for SE wind at the airport N 12to 20 at LP clear sky . and high baro of 30 . and a temp difference between LP and the airport .  LP colder the airport warmer . these are all good signs . but ,and its a big but , any and all can be missing and it still works or thy can all be there and zip
      I plan to go up tomorrow the forecast looks good , the rest of the week ,looks like the mornings are going to be very cool.

      --~--~------ ---~--~-- --~------ ------~-- -----~--~ ----~
      To post: BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com
      Group stuff: http://groups. google.com/ group/BoiseSailo rs
      Sailing stuff: http://fortboise. org/windsurfing/
      -~---------- ~----~--- -~----~-- ----~---- ~------~- -~---

    • Tom von Alten
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008
        > Are you going tomorrow. I'll be there around 7:00...you going?

        Assuming you're interested in kite sailing... nothing in the
        forecast suggests you'd be doing that tomorrow morning.

        YMMV.
        _____________
        Tom von Alten http://fortboise.org/
        tva@...
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 2, 2008
          Call me if there are white caps when u get there,

          Otherwise Wednesday afternoon going somewhere!!

          Sent from
          Eddy Petranek
          863-6966

          On Jun 1, 2008, at 9:28 PM, "Tom von Alten" <tva@...> wrote:

          > Are you going tomorrow. I'll be there around 7:00...you going?

          Assuming you're interested in kite sailing... nothing in the
          forecast suggests you'd be doing that tomorrow morning.

          YMMV.
          ____________ _
          Tom von Alten http://fortboise. org/
          tva@fortboise. org

        • Kay Walst6on
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 2, 2008

            Hey Guys,

            We were wanting to go to CJ on Wednesday but now it looks like Scott's got to take his daughter to the doc and I have to take my Mom to the doc...what are the chances....so we're trying to reschedule...will keep you abreast.. Scott has a 5th wheel he can take up there and use as a crash pad...

            Kay

            On Jun 1, 2008, at 9:28 PM, "Tom von Alten" <tva@fortboise. org> wrote:

            > Are you going tomorrow. I'll be there around 7:00...you going?

            Assuming you're interested in kite sailing... nothing in the
            forecast suggests you'd be doing that tomorrow morning.

            YMMV.
            ____________ _
            Tom von Alten http://fortboise. org/
            tva@fortboise. org

          • Eddy
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 24, 2008
              See you guys at Turner at 8:30

              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 25, 2008
                Re: [snowkiteidaho] LP tomorrow Believe it or not Dan & I made this morning work from 9-10+, but the wind turned back on as we were leaving and it was really nice looking at 11????

                Sure feels colder when the clouds do not let the sun thru. All that were there were 5 fishing boats, 2 sail rafts, and 2 kites from 8:30 until 11.

                Tomorrow looks less cloudy so up there again at 8:30 session 71.
                Eddy

                On 9/24/08 8:29 PM, "Eddy Petranek" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                See you guys at Turner at 8:30

                Eddy

              • Eddy
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 26, 2008
                  Today was good. I hit the water ~9 and Jack was shortly behind me from
                  Brickner's Beach. Played for an hour before fingers were tired of
                  coldness. Packed up and driving across dam a little after 10 and it
                  was on and stronger!!! If I had waited for a little longer I might
                  have warmed up enough...Same thing happened yesterday, Oh well.

                  More tomorrow & Sunday. I think I'll be there closer to 9 since the
                  time before the sun hits the water is later and it seems that the
                  winds are staying later. ??? If anyone needs the ride let me know I
                  did not use it this morning.

                  Eddy

                  --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Eddy" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                  > See you guys at Turner at 8:30
                  >

                  > Eddy

                • Eddy
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 29, 2008
                    what a great day!!!!

                    7 kites and a couple boards.

                    I'm still pretty sore from my windsurfing on Jim's board Sunday...damn
                    those things are heavy and require an insane amount of power. But it
                    was fun and I understand as well as remember why it was fun.

                    Tomorrow and next day look good. Not sure about Thursday. Weather
                    moving in by weekend????

                    CYA up there

                  • leelinfat@...
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 7
                      Well, personally I don't think it will happens for morning wind BUT since it will be a transition day. You may want to check the numbers if you want to sail. You never know...

                      Best regards,
                      Chris Lee