Re: [snowkiteidaho] RE: [BSA] Re: LP tomorrow

    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008
      Your right Jason and Jon has a good point and to answer Eddy the current weather said clear  from 1:00 to 8:00 but when I went to the gym at 8:00 if was socked in so as we know you cant always trust the report and clouds kill the wind most days .
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008
        Are you going tomorrow.  I'll be there around 7:00...you going?
        Scott

        Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:
        I was at the ironman event. Peak wind 14???

        Sent from
        Eddy Petranek

        --~--~------ ---~--~-- --~------ ------~-- -----~--~ ----~
        To post: BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com
        Group stuff: http://groups. google.com/ group/BoiseSailo rs
        Sailing stuff: http://fortboise. org/windsurfing/
        -~---------- ~----~--- -~----~-- ----~---- ~------~- -~---

      • Tom von Alten
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008
          > Are you going tomorrow. I'll be there around 7:00...you going?

          Assuming you're interested in kite sailing... nothing in the
          forecast suggests you'd be doing that tomorrow morning.

          YMMV.
          _____________
          Tom von Alten http://fortboise.org/
          tva@...
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 2, 2008
            Call me if there are white caps when u get there,

            Otherwise Wednesday afternoon going somewhere!!

            Sent from
            Eddy Petranek
            863-6966

            On Jun 1, 2008, at 9:28 PM, "Tom von Alten" <tva@...> wrote:

            > Are you going tomorrow. I'll be there around 7:00...you going?

            Assuming you're interested in kite sailing... nothing in the
            forecast suggests you'd be doing that tomorrow morning.

            YMMV.
            ____________ _
            Tom von Alten http://fortboise. org/
            tva@fortboise. org

          • Kay Walst6on
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 2, 2008

              Hey Guys,

              We were wanting to go to CJ on Wednesday but now it looks like Scott's got to take his daughter to the doc and I have to take my Mom to the doc...what are the chances....so we're trying to reschedule...will keep you abreast.. Scott has a 5th wheel he can take up there and use as a crash pad...

              Kay

              On Jun 1, 2008, at 9:28 PM, "Tom von Alten" <tva@fortboise. org> wrote:

              > Are you going tomorrow. I'll be there around 7:00...you going?

              Assuming you're interested in kite sailing... nothing in the
              forecast suggests you'd be doing that tomorrow morning.

              YMMV.
              ____________ _
              Tom von Alten http://fortboise. org/
              tva@fortboise. org

            • Eddy
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 24, 2008
                See you guys at Turner at 8:30

                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 25, 2008
                  Re: [snowkiteidaho] LP tomorrow Believe it or not Dan & I made this morning work from 9-10+, but the wind turned back on as we were leaving and it was really nice looking at 11????

                  Sure feels colder when the clouds do not let the sun thru. All that were there were 5 fishing boats, 2 sail rafts, and 2 kites from 8:30 until 11.

                  Tomorrow looks less cloudy so up there again at 8:30 session 71.
                  Eddy

                  On 9/24/08 8:29 PM, "Eddy Petranek" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                  See you guys at Turner at 8:30

                  Eddy

                • Eddy
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 26, 2008
                    Today was good. I hit the water ~9 and Jack was shortly behind me from
                    Brickner's Beach. Played for an hour before fingers were tired of
                    coldness. Packed up and driving across dam a little after 10 and it
                    was on and stronger!!! If I had waited for a little longer I might
                    have warmed up enough...Same thing happened yesterday, Oh well.

                    More tomorrow & Sunday. I think I'll be there closer to 9 since the
                    time before the sun hits the water is later and it seems that the
                    winds are staying later. ??? If anyone needs the ride let me know I
                    did not use it this morning.

                    Eddy

                    --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Eddy" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                    > See you guys at Turner at 8:30
                    >

                    > Eddy

                  • Eddy
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 29, 2008
                      what a great day!!!!

                      7 kites and a couple boards.

                      I'm still pretty sore from my windsurfing on Jim's board Sunday...damn
                      those things are heavy and require an insane amount of power. But it
                      was fun and I understand as well as remember why it was fun.

                      Tomorrow and next day look good. Not sure about Thursday. Weather
                      moving in by weekend????

                      CYA up there

                    • leelinfat@...
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 7
                        Well, personally I don't think it will happens for morning wind BUT since it will be a transition day. You may want to check the numbers if you want to sail. You never know...

                        Best regards,
                        Chris Lee