Re: [BSA] LP tomorrow

    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008
      ....BUT...Caldwell and Mountain Home are both showing NW-erly flow, which directly opposes the SE flow coming out of the dam and can constipate our morning drainage flow.  Not good when your morning drainage flow is constipated.  N/NW in MH & Caldwell means iffy chances of strong winds or winds lasting very long.  A better example of what to look for would include some sort of easterly flow in MH & Caldwell (ideally SE, but E and even NE work...but N or NW is unfavorable).  As Steve says, even with all these indicators favorable, it can be zip....it just seems that when they are all there, the odds of being zip are much lower.

      On 6/1/08, Steve Linane <stevelinane@...> wrote:
      Looks like LP could of been good this morning by looking at the #s , for those of you trying to get familiar with the LP readings this morning is a good example of what to look for SE wind at the airport N 12to 20 at LP clear sky . and high baro of 30 . and a temp difference between LP and the airport .  LP colder the airport warmer . these are all good signs . but ,and its a big but , any and all can be missing and it still works or thy can all be there and zip
      I plan to go up tomorrow the forecast looks good , the rest of the week ,looks like the mornings are going to be very cool.

      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008
        I was at the ironman event. Peak wind 14???

        Sent from
        Eddy Petranek

        --~--~------ ---~--~-- --~------ ------~-- -----~--~ ----~
        To post: BoiseSailors@ googlegroups. com
        Group stuff: http://groups. google.com/ group/BoiseSailo rs
        Sailing stuff: http://fortboise. org/windsurfing/
        -~---------- ~----~--- -~----~-- ----~---- ~------~- -~---

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008
          ..and this is why we need a windmeter right there at Barclay Bay.  With the price of gas now, who wants to get skunked (unless you have a nice convertible Miata and good books on CD to listen to).  I have everything selected for the weather station..  I'm just waiting for the green light from Eddy, and he is waiting for the green light from A.C.E..

          I'd imagine after this weekend's Ironman 70.3 is over, ACE will get back with us.

          -Jason

          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008
            Your right Jason and Jon has a good point and to answer Eddy the current weather said clear  from 1:00 to 8:00 but when I went to the gym at 8:00 if was socked in so as we know you cant always trust the report and clouds kill the wind most days .

              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 1, 2008
                > Are you going tomorrow. I'll be there around 7:00...you going?

                Assuming you're interested in kite sailing... nothing in the
                forecast suggests you'd be doing that tomorrow morning.

                YMMV.
                _____________
                Tom von Alten http://fortboise.org/
                tva@...
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 2, 2008
                  Call me if there are white caps when u get there,

                  Otherwise Wednesday afternoon going somewhere!!

                  Sent from
                  Eddy Petranek
                  863-6966

                  On Jun 1, 2008, at 9:28 PM, "Tom von Alten" <tva@...> wrote:

                  > Are you going tomorrow. I'll be there around 7:00...you going?

                  Assuming you're interested in kite sailing... nothing in the
                  forecast suggests you'd be doing that tomorrow morning.

                  YMMV.
                  ____________ _
                  Tom von Alten http://fortboise. org/
                  tva@fortboise. org

                • Kay Walst6on
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 2, 2008

                    Hey Guys,

                    We were wanting to go to CJ on Wednesday but now it looks like Scott's got to take his daughter to the doc and I have to take my Mom to the doc...what are the chances....so we're trying to reschedule...will keep you abreast.. Scott has a 5th wheel he can take up there and use as a crash pad...

                    Kay

                    On Jun 1, 2008, at 9:28 PM, "Tom von Alten" <tva@fortboise. org> wrote:

                    > Are you going tomorrow. I'll be there around 7:00...you going?

                    Assuming you're interested in kite sailing... nothing in the
                    forecast suggests you'd be doing that tomorrow morning.

                    YMMV.
                    ____________ _
                    Tom von Alten http://fortboise. org/
                    tva@fortboise. org

                  • Eddy
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 24 7:29 PM
                      See you guys at Turner at 8:30

                      Message 10 of 14 , Sep 25 12:50 PM
                        Re: [snowkiteidaho] LP tomorrow Believe it or not Dan & I made this morning work from 9-10+, but the wind turned back on as we were leaving and it was really nice looking at 11????

                        Sure feels colder when the clouds do not let the sun thru. All that were there were 5 fishing boats, 2 sail rafts, and 2 kites from 8:30 until 11.

                        Tomorrow looks less cloudy so up there again at 8:30 session 71.
                        Eddy

                        On 9/24/08 8:29 PM, "Eddy Petranek" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                        See you guys at Turner at 8:30

                        Eddy

                      • Eddy
                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 26 11:35 AM
                          Today was good. I hit the water ~9 and Jack was shortly behind me from
                          Brickner's Beach. Played for an hour before fingers were tired of
                          coldness. Packed up and driving across dam a little after 10 and it
                          was on and stronger!!! If I had waited for a little longer I might
                          have warmed up enough...Same thing happened yesterday, Oh well.

                          More tomorrow & Sunday. I think I'll be there closer to 9 since the
                          time before the sun hits the water is later and it seems that the
                          winds are staying later. ??? If anyone needs the ride let me know I
                          did not use it this morning.

                          Eddy

                          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Eddy" <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                          > See you guys at Turner at 8:30
                          >

                          > Eddy

                        • Eddy
                          Message 12 of 14 , Sep 29 1:23 PM
                            what a great day!!!!

                            7 kites and a couple boards.

                            I'm still pretty sore from my windsurfing on Jim's board Sunday...damn
                            those things are heavy and require an insane amount of power. But it
                            was fun and I understand as well as remember why it was fun.

                            Tomorrow and next day look good. Not sure about Thursday. Weather
                            moving in by weekend????

                            CYA up there

                          • leelinfat@...
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jun 7
                              Well, personally I don't think it will happens for morning wind BUT since it will be a transition day. You may want to check the numbers if you want to sail. You never know...

                              Best regards,
                              Chris Lee