Camas on Friday Dec. 23

  • hawkicd11
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 21, 2005
      Anybody up for kiting on friday? NOAA is calling for 20 knot W winds
      at 6000 ft. Looks promising

      http://adds.aviationweather.gov/winds/
    • Darrel Thomas
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 21, 2005
        I'd be interested if it isn't raining, and the snow isn't gone. Rain tonight/tomorrow. Chance of rain Fri.   That shit's hard on the snowpack,

         Pinpoint forecast is for NW12mph.

        Soldiers R.S. reports snowpack down to 18.8 from 20.2 inches.

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 22, 2005
          Yeah, this warmer weather has been unfavorable for good snow. If
          you think it might be worth it tommorrow call me.

          989-4257

          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Darrel Thomas"
          <darrelthomas@c...> wrote:

          > I'd be interested if it isn't raining, and the snow isn't gone.
          Rain tonight/tomorrow. Chance of rain Fri. That shit's hard on the
          snowpack,

          > Pinpoint forecast is for NW12mph.
          > http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/total_forecast/index.php?
          wfo=boi&zone=idz028&fire=idz407&county=idc039&dgtl=1&lat=43.297083333
          333&lon=-115.29125

          > Soldiers R.S. reports snowpack down to 18.8 from 20.2 inches.
          > http://raws.wrh.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/roman/meso_base.cgi?stn=SRSI1

        • Darrel Thomas
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 24, 2005
            Snow is still ok.  There is a nasty crust, and it is saturated with water, but there is still acceptable coverage.

            The wind yesterday was, however, very light.  Steve and I got maybe an hour of light wind flying before it crapped out and we had to do the walk of shame.  We flew the south side by the tin shed because the wind seemed better there.

            May all your Christmas wishes come true, especially if they involve wind and snow.

            MERRY CHRISTMAS

            Darrel