Skip to search.

Re: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Mothers Day

    Message 1 of 8 , May 12, 2008
      Reading the reports from Mother's Day.  Sounded pretty on the edge.  At risk of sounding like a mother hen, be careful boys on those Spring time fronts passing thru days.  We all know how scary gusty they can get.  40 mph and 10 ft. water devils is serious risk stuff.  And conditions can change fast.  When Steve L. and I were in SPI week of 15 April, we learned a kiter in those more benign conditions was killed just a week before we got there.  And Rod Williams just sent us notice of a windsurfer killed at Rufus.  It would be devastating and crushing to have a catastrophe like those happen here.  I kinda like all you guys (even though Steve L. doesn't !)...

      When the stoke for water time after a long winter collides with frontal days...just give it an extra measure of caution

      I'll see you out there one of these times when it warms up.  Have a great season all.

      Jon

      On 5/12/08, tony williams <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

      I don't have the sense to give up unless someone else is there to tell me.  Alot of times I have pumped up the kite and thought, 'Am I going to regret this later when I am draging in a damaged kite or worse, a damaged me?'

       and i say oh what the hell I can allways go back to golf when I am to old to kite.   Hope to see you all out soon, except Ed who will be off to CC later this week, lucky bum.

      From: stevelinane@ clearwire. net
      Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 20:59:40 -0600

      Tony it was 28 G 41 at 6:00 PM and 24 G 39 at 7:00 PM that's windy for a 10m C you da man, and Hawk I did my Mothers day at breakfast , See you guys at ICR tomorrow