ICR Delivers for my first official day on the water

    Message 1 of 5 , May 7, 2008
      My first day on the water in Idaho for 2008.

      Hit the water at ICR at 4:15 till 5:15.  When I arrived the wind had backed off a bit.  I was originally thinking I might get skunked.  Steve L and Tom C. had just come in after being out for a while.  After a few minutes the wind picked back up to 18-22.  I pumped up my 15m SS Fuel and was out on the water shortly thereafter.  The water was way down and I had to drag out through a bit of weeds. The water was real warm.  Probably could have used the shorty.  I was WAY overpowered at times but mostly just lit.  A couple times the wind lulled a little and I had to pump.  Other times I was racing downwind to kill power.  A few time I pulled some long floaty jumps.  The 15m Fuel takes nothing to jump.  Man I love those kites.  Steve L, Tom C, myself, Chris, Ryan, Eddy, and Tony were all on the water ripping it up.  Didn't seem crowded as everyone spread out.  I came in after an hour as the wind backed off.  As I was leaving it came back up.  Everyone was still out on the water as I drove away.

      How did the new guy manage at ICR.  It think his name was Scott.

      Looking forward to a great month at ICR.  Blow wind Blow.

      Jason Brickner
      Olympus Controls
      Automation Engineer | Boise, Idaho
      Tel. 208.475.4670 | Fax 208.475.4583
      Email: jbrickner@olympus-controlscom
      Web: www.olympus-controls.com
      Info On Our New Name: http://www.olympus-controls.com/name.php

    • Ryan Wait
      Message 2 of 5 , May 8, 2008
        i was the last guy riding at 7:45 pm. and it was still kick ass 10m stuff. epic day for ICR. yeah i bet it was easy to jump on that 15m!!! you had 5 more meters than you needed. Chris's 9m was launching me scary high, and all you crazy guys are on 14's or bigger. i think the wind was more like 14-26 mph.

        i think today is going to work again, and friday.

        C U out there.

        Ryan

        To: BoiseSailors@...; snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
        From: jasonbrickner@...
        Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 23:26:11 -0600
        Subject: [snowkiteidaho] ICR Delivers for my first official day on the water

[...]

        Get Free (PRODUCT) RED™ Emoticons, Winks and Display Pics. Check it out!
        Message 3 of 5 , May 8, 2008
          at 190lbs.... I need a 15m C-Kite when the wind lulls to 14mph.

          I agree... I know at least one wave that came through had to be in the high 20's.  But for the most part... I agree... Great day at ICR.

          Way to kill it till 7:45PM.  Did you have to come off the water to wait out any more lulls or did it stay solid?

          How did the new guy fair?

          -Jason

          Message 4 of 5 , May 8, 2008
             from 7-7:45 it was super solid. when we left if was still blowin 20+. Jason i am 180 lbs, i would have been scared on a 15m C. your the man for holding it down. i would have ended up at simco road had i been on a big boy.

            you coming out today?

            To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 5 , May 8, 2008
              Yeah... that one gust early on found me trimmed in all the way and still racing downwind.  Other than that, the 15m was perfect.... with the 5th line.  Just call me old fashioned (and cheap).

              It's happening big out in eastern Idaho.  I don't see it working today at ICR.  Unless maybe I pull out the 17m...

              -Jason

              To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com