Wind and Temp weather station at Lucky peak

    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2008
      Hey guys... I think this is worth looking into for Lucky Peak.

      $195 for the Weather station (Inside and Outside Temp, Wind Direction, Wind Speed, Wind Chill), $165 for software to feed current and historical data to web server.

      Here is the catalog.  Check out page 10 for the weather station and page 11 and 13 for software.

      All we would need is a cheap used PC ($100) and a slow internet connection (Dial Up or DSL).

      Let me know what you all think.  Looks easy to configure.

      Jason Brickner
      Olympus Controls
      Automation Engineer | Boise, Idaho
      Tel. 208.475.4670 | Fax 208.475.4583
      Email: jbrickner@olympus-controlscom
      Web: www.olympus-controls.com
      Info On Our New Name: http://www.olympus-controls.com/name.php

    • tony williams
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5, 2008

        Jason,

        That looks pretty good.

        Now just need to pass the hat around to both the wind surfers and kiters and were almost there.

        Big question is where is the PC going to sit that it is within the 40 ft distance to the weather meter and also have un-interupted phone connection and power?

      • Eddy @ Gear Daddy LLC
        Message 3 of 4 , May 5, 2008

          Looks good, thanks Jason!

          I have a meeting with ACE today and will discuss options at the RV hut.

          Eddy

          Message 4 of 4 , May 5, 2008
            They also make wireless units if we need to be more than 40ft from the PC.  More money however.