RE: [BSA] Re: Indian Creek

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 11, 2008
      Jon,

      The kiting in Cozumel was great.  I'll give you more details later.  The wind was between 18-22mph.  The wind was almost directly onshore.  The waves were about 4-6ft but VERY frequent.  I had my ass handed to me more times than I can count.  I never did get outside the break. spent the whole time on the inside playing in the small waves and breakers.  Couldn't jump.  Took everything I had to stay upwind off the beach.  Water was very WARM. No wetsuit or shorty needed.  Mexican lifeguards were AWESOME.  I dropped my kite in the waves 3 times and they cruised over on their 4 wheeler to make sure I was ok each time.  2 hours out by myself and then 2 hours more at a beach further north with 3 others.  One guy is turning pro (Adam Worthington).  I was on the east side of the island facing Cuba.  The people are awesome.  Great taco/beer stands along the way.  Even had time to stop by the Agave/Tequila farm in the middle of the island.

      Overall, great wind (speed), awful direction (Directly onshore), decent launch at first beach, small beach with road downwind at second beach, nice waves, but too frequent, incredible water and beach (Water 83F, Air 88F) great lifeguards.  I would liked to have explored more of the island but only had the day. WHAT A DAY!!!  I sure feel lucky.

      Contact Raul and Paco when in Cozumel.  They'll hook you up...   info@...

      Can't wait to hit our favorite mudhole (ICR) soon.  I'll be dreaming of those turquoise waters and white sand beaches.

      -Jason

      Message 2 of 7 , May 7
        Looks like it might be another great day, warmer too!

        Message 3 of 7 , May 7

          I plan on going.

          Sent with AquaMail for Android
          http://www.aqua-mail.com

          Message 4 of 7 , May 7
            On our way

            Eddy

            On May 7, 2017, at 10:39 AM, jwattboi jwattboi@... [snowkiteidaho] <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            Looks like it might be another great day, warmer too!

                  You all missed the sun and good wind that watt and I had then! 9m powered and fun. Out of there but about 3 I think

                  On Sat, May 6, 2017 at 5:02 PM steve linane <itile@...> wrote:
                  Chris Lee and Jim are out on their five six sales and it's raining hard but they're powered up. I was out on the 7 m kite and came in cuz it started raining and backing off . It was blowing every bit as hard as when we're out here last Friday there were no small jumps today

                  Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid
                  On May 6, 2017 3:24 PM, steve linane <itile@...> wrote:
                  Out here at Indian Creek  it looks like another 7 meter day

                  Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid

                  Best regards,
                  Chris Lee.