Re: [snowkiteidaho] gk sonic

  • Tom Cavaiani
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 15, 2005
      See the latest issue of Kiteboarding magazine for a review of "bow" kites to get more info.  Many manufacturers are now producing bow kites, besides Cabrinha.  The Sonic has gotten some high ratings.  AirRush also has an entry that looked interesting.  North, RRD, and Best have decided to wait before releasing bow kites.

      Also there is a short article about Fairfield ID and FairView UT.  Looks like Fairfield is in the middle of nowhere.  Oh what a treat it is to live in the "middle of nowhere" :)

      Tom

      >>> kiterguuy@... 12/15/05 12:59 PM >>>
      the gk sonic rocks u guys should invest in one a 11 gk sonic is like a
      8 meter threw a 15 and a 7 is like a 1 threw 8 they are freakin sweet

      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 15, 2005
        John,

        When are you moving to Boise? We had an awesome snowkite session the other day.

        Eddy
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 15, 2005
          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Gear Daddy, LLC"
          <geardaddy@c...> wrote:umm my mom is flipin out so it should be pretty
          sonn the market is dome here house take months to sell so my guss is
          that we are moveing by the in of the year
          ps is lucky peak open year around if it is i whould want to do a
          little polar kite it should be fun and cold

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 15, 2005
            You sound like one tough guy. Can't wait to see you do a little polar bear action on LP. truth is it is still really cold up there even in Summer
            sonn the market is dome here house take months to sell so my guss is
            that we are moveing by the in of the year
            ps is lucky peak open year around if it is i whould want to do a
            little polar kite it should be fun and cold

            > John,
            >
            > When are you moving to Boise? We had an awesome snowkite session the
            other
            > day.
            >
            > Eddy

          • kiterguuy
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 16, 2005
              <geardaddy@c...> wrote:
              >ok hahahaha i might get a dry suit my mom said so if i do get it
              should not be to cold if not all i have is a 3/2 full suite and a
              shoritie
              > You sound like one tough guy. Can't wait to see you do a little
              polar bear
              > action on LP. truth is it is still really cold up there even in Summer

            • john perry
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 16, 2005
                do not get the best waroo it is a copy cheap copy of the sonic the waroo has less reinforcements on it and the Gk sonic is built tuff and it keeps it shape better
                they also copy ed it with out what is that thing called a thing where u get the permission of the designer i heard mat pendill is pist

                Tom Cavaiani <tcavaiani@...> wrote:
                See the latest issue of Kiteboarding magazine for a review of "bow" kites to get more info.  Many manufacturers are now producing bow kites, besides Cabrinha.  The Sonic has gotten some high ratings.  AirRush also has an entry that looked interesting.  North, RRD, and Best have decided to wait before releasing bow kites.

                Also there is a short article about Fairfield ID and FairView UT.  Looks like Fairfield is in the middle of nowhere.  Oh what a treat it is to live in the "middle of nowhere" :)

                Tom

                >>> kiterguuy@... 12/15/05 12:59 PM >>>
                the gk sonic rocks u guys should invest in one a 11 gk sonic is like a
                8 meter threw a 15 and a 7 is like a 1 threw 8 they are freakin sweet

                http://mail.yahoo.com

              • Darrel Thomas
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 16, 2005
                  The Make a Wish foundation does a "Polar Bear Club" swim and water ski event every Jan 1.  You could blow their minds.

                  I still prefer my water crystalized.
                  sonn the market is dome here house take months to sell so my guss is
                  that we are moveing by the in of the year
                  ps is lucky peak open year around if it is i whould want to do a
                  little polar kite it should be fun and cold

                  > John,
                  >
                  > When are you moving to Boise? We had an awesome snowkite session the
                  other
                  > day.
                  >
                  > Eddy

                • kiterguuy
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 16, 2005
                    --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Darrel Thomas"
                    <darrelthomas@c...> wrote:i dont like my water crystalized its cold
                    and no fun i love the felling of water sliding under my board inthe
                    sonew its still fun but not the same

                    > The Make a Wish foundation does a "Polar Bear Club" swim and water
                    ski event every Jan 1. You could blow their minds.

                    > I still prefer my water crystalized.

                    Service.

                  • Tom Cavaiani
                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 18, 2005
                      I like the feeling of gliding on the water too, but not falling into it when the temperature is in the low 30s. Idaho isn't Baja.

                      Tom Cavaiani, PhD
                      Networking, Operations, and Information Systems
                      College of Business and Economics
                      Boise State University
                      208 426-2482
                      >>> kiterguuy@... 12/16/05 4:55 PM >>>
                    • kiterguuy
                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 19, 2005
                        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Cavaiani" <tcavaiani@b...>
                        wrote:
                        >ya hahahaha well im think im geting a dry suite from my frind for a
                        100 dollers unless he sells it it dosent fit him his mom got him the
                        wrong size
                        > I like the feeling of gliding on the water too, but not falling into
                        it when the temperature is in the low 30s. Idaho isn't Baja.

                        > Tom Cavaiani, PhD
                        > Networking, Operations, and Information Systems
                        > College of Business and Economics
                        > Boise State University
                        > 208 426-2482

                      • Tom Cavaiani
                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 19, 2005
                          As one who has done a lot of early season sailing, I have one question:  How do you keep the spray from freezing on your board and gear (and dry suit) when the temp is close to freezing and the wind chill is below freezing?  This assumes that enough of the ice on the lake has melted so that you can sail or ride in the first place :)

                          >>> kiterguuy@... 12/19/05 9:37 AM >>>