RE: [snowkiteidaho] Tuesday

    Message 1 of 30 , Dec 13, 2005
      Headed out at 2:15-2:30 from Albertson's
      Message 2 of 30 , Jan 9, 2007
        Me too me too!  Thurs 2

        Darrel

        Message 3 of 30 , Jan 13, 2008

          Tuesday should work

          cid:image001.gif@01C83650.9D13E730Darrel

          Message 4 of 30 , Jan 25, 2010
            Tuesday...Snow. Chance of snow 90 percent. Snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches. Highs 29 to 34. East winds 10 to 15 mph. and winds aloft forecast  SE 21at 6000' so the chances for wind are good . but 90% chance of snow and it looks like its all day is not so good . but only 1to2 inches that's not much of a storm that's good . but a high of 34 that could mean rain that's not so good . anyone have a crystal ball ? input welcome
            PS anyone go today it looked real good from 3to4 and so so from 2to3 the rest of the day not so good . glad to see the Pine creek censer back up but I couldn't get the camera to work .
            I took the day off and went back country snowboarding . the snow is as good as it gets ( mores creek summit )
          • darrelthomas@cableone.net
            Message 5 of 30 , Jan 25, 2010
              My sources say:

              Tuesday: Snow. High near 29. East wind between 9 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.  From NOAA http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=43.312188904005396&lon=-115.25276184082031&site=boi&smap=1&marine=0&unit=0&lg=en

              The forecast model shows things starting to break up in the afternoon, but along with the clouds go the isobars, which means the wind could crap out.
              http://www.wunderground.com/modelmaps/maps.asp?model=NAM&domain=US

              Darrel Thomas
              Sent from my iPhone

              Message 6 of 30 , Apr 5, 2010
                I got my eye on tomorrow afternoon.

                Darrel Thomas
                Message 7 of 30 , Apr 5, 2010
                  It's going nuts out there now
                  Weather Conditions for:
                  Pine Turnoff, ID (ITD51)
                  Elev: 5502 ft; Latitude: 43.31348; Longitude: -115.26654

                  Current time:Mon, 05 Apr 16:31 pm (MDT)
                  Most Recent Observation:Mon, 05 Apr 3:52 pm (MDT)
                  TimeTemp.DewRelativeWindWindWindQuality
                  PointHumidityChillDirectionSpeedControl
                  (MDT)(f)(f)(%)(f)(mph)
                  05 Apr 3:52 pm28238214W22G25OK
                  05 Apr 3:37 pm28248413W26G29OK
                  05 Apr 3:07 pm27259112W27G30OK
                  05 Apr 2:52 pmW29G33OK
                  05 Apr 2:38 pm27269512W27G32OK
                  05 Apr 2:23 pm27269612WSW27G30OK
                  05 Apr 2:09 pm27269612WSW26G30OK
                  05 Apr 1:52 pm28279614WSW23G26OK
                  05 Apr 1:37 pm28279614WSW21G24O
                  Message 8 of 30 , Apr 7, 2010
                    Tuesday very windy , sunny , snow soft but sticky , Fun time had by all
                      Sorry for this! Alta, road closed for 2 days, 5 feet of new in the last few days, 10th car in line, opened at 9am. One of the first chairs up and followed the patroll all day as they were opening fresh terrain. Absolutely fantastic fresh shots all day! OMG! SOLITUDE TOMMORROW
                      Westy

                      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                      From: stevelinane@...
                      Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 08:45:58 -0600

                      Tuesday very windy , sunny , snow soft but sticky , Fun time had by all
                        Yes Alta is excellent.  My Brother-in-law was a snowcat groomer there for a few years and they often get dry light powder snow in April. That is why they often hold the finals for the national Powder 8s competion there at the end of the year.  Too bad they are like Bogus and have to close do to agreement with forest service even if they have a ton of snow left. Get some for the rest of us. You lucky dog.

                        To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                        From: stevelinane@ clearwire. net
                        Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 08:45:58 -0600

                        Tuesday very windy , sunny , snow soft but sticky , Fun time had by all
                        We skied this today, Utah backcountry is a whole other level! Holy Buckets!
                         Westy

                        To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                        From: tonyswilliams@...
                        Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 07:02:05 -0700

                        To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                        From: stevelinane@ clearwire. net
                        Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 08:45:58 -0600

                        Tuesday very windy , sunny , snow soft but sticky , Fun time had by all
                        Message 12 of 30 , Dec 20, 2010
                          I'm planning on going up tomorrow sometime mid-morning to camas. Anyone wanna come?!
                          Rusty

                          Message 13 of 30 , Dec 21, 2010
                            You might get lucky mid day at last resort???

                            Eddy Petranek

                            On Dec 20, 2010, at 9:59 PM, Rusty Hill <rustyshill@...> wrote:

                            I'm planning on going up tomorrow sometime mid-morning to camas. Anyone wanna come?!
                            Rusty

                            Sent from my iPhone

                          • Darrel Thomas
                            Message 14 of 30 , Dec 21, 2010
                              Deerhaven is 11g16 and forecasted to rise. Last resort should be good all day. I f'd up and signed up for the company holiday bowling party this afternoon. I'll be at Westy's gaining a deeper insight for the  7 day waiting period...

                              Darrel Thomas
                              Sent from my iPhone

                              On Dec 21, 2010, at 4:30 AM, Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

                              You might get lucky mid day at last resort???

                              Eddy Petranek

                              On Dec 20, 2010, at 9:59 PM, Rusty Hill <rustyshill@...> wrote:

                              I'm planning on going up tomorrow sometime mid-morning to camas. Anyone wanna come?!
                              Rusty

                              Sent from my iPhone

                            • hawkicd11
                              Message 15 of 30 , Dec 21, 2010
                                I will be heading up around 11. See you up there

                                Message 16 of 30 , Aug 21, 2012
                                  Looking Good!

                                  Eddy
                                • daflyinhawaiian64@yahoo.com
                                  Message 17 of 30 , Aug 21, 2012
                                    Cough, cough bring filters
                                    Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                    From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                                    Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                    Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 05:40:11 -0600
                                    To: Snowkiteidaho<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                                    ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com

                                    Looking Good!

                                    Message 18 of 30 , Aug 21, 2012
                                      Nasty. But still driving

                                      Eddy

                                      On Aug 21, 2012, at 6:35 AM, daflyinhawaiian64@... wrote:

                                      Cough, cough bring filters

                                      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                      From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                                      Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 05:40:11 -0600

                                      Looking Good!

                                      Eddy

                                    • tony williams
                                      Message 19 of 30 , Aug 21, 2012
                                        Resident Skunk took refuge from the wind under the dock we all walk on when catching kites. Seemed happy to stay there all morning.  I probably should have looked for refuge myself as the wind was nasty.
                                        Rodeo kiting today, figures, only brought big kite and big board.  But had fun. Sorry for you who got out late as it looks like it shut off quickly after I left.

                                        From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                                        Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 05:40:11 -0600

                                        Looking Good!

                                        Message 20 of 30 , Aug 21, 2012
                                          Well after smoking a pack and what not.  Goto work late park in different spot only to get side swiped by visitor...Doho

                                          Glad I got to kite this am otherwise I'd be a grumpy B!!!

                                          Eddy

                                          From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                                          Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 05:40:11 -0600

                                          Looking Good!

                                          Eddy

                                        • Jim Tighe

                                            From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                                            Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 05:40:11 -0600

                                            Message 22 of 30 , Aug 21, 2012
                                              Not the TT! That skunks.
                                              Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                              From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                                              Sender: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                              Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 10:46:09 -0600
                                              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com<snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com>
                                              ReplyTo: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                                              Subject: Re: [snowkiteidaho] Saw the Skunk but did not get skunked this morning.

                                              From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                                              Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 05:40:11 -0600

                                              Looking Good!

                                              Message 23 of 30 , Aug 21, 2012
                                                Fortunately it is just paint about size a half dollar coins in 2 spots.

                                                Eddy

                                                On Aug 21, 2012, at 12:05 PM, daflyinhawaiian64@... wrote:

                                                Not the TT! That skunks.

                                                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                                From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                                                Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 05:40:11 -0600

                                                Message 24 of 30 , Aug 21, 2012
                                                  Close enuf to put a "MoonEyes" sticker over? OO
                                                  Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                                  From: Gear Daddy LLC <geardaddyllc@...>
                                                  Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 05:40:11 -0600

                                                  Looking Good!

                                                  Eddy

                                                • Bill Binegar
                                                  Message 25 of 30 , Jul 30, 2013
                                                    Four kiters today, Tony, Kelly, Brian and myself. One windsurfer Chris Lee. I was on the 17m and barely kept it going. Not sure how Brian, Kelly were able to go out there I believe both on 12. Tony on 14m probably had the best wind early although it did pick up near the end some.
                                                    Later, Bill

                                                    Message 26 of 30 , Jul 30, 2013

                                                      Thanks for the report.  Sounds about how it looked on the graph.  The random dips in the evening/morning wind are interesting.  Maybe some clouds or pockets of non-uniform air.

                                                      Did you find the wind better up the canyon?  Seems like when the water starts dropping the wind gets better up by “Beef Butte”.

                                                      How is the beach at Barclay?

                                                      -JBrick

                                                        Message 28 of 30 , Aug 19, 2014
                                                          Radar shows a blob of clouds/rain on East side of lake. Can anyone visually see it?