skyline report

  • Eddy
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 6:25 AM
      Well my record at Skyline has not been that great, but finally had a good day, beautiful
      sunshine snow was good, and riding with some top guys was fun. Winds were good but a
      couple more would have been sick. Temperature was very toasty.

      I tried gliding the hill that made chasta famous, it did not go as well for me! I lost one ski
      near top and land 2/3 the way down. Fortunate that a snowmobile was able to retrieve
      my ski

      winds are forecasted to build today!!! We'll see

      Eddy
    • k man
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1 12:35 PM
        It was a good day at Skyline. The wind came in late
        in the day. I spent the afternoon gliding the hill
        with my big blue Waroo. I had to drop my kite one
        time when a rider came off the top of the hill while I
        was looping up. I am not used to that kind of
        traffic. At Strawberry we have tons of hills to glide
        without any traffic congestion. Looks like the same
        is true in Idaho.

        Alex Petersen was going between the notch in the trees
        and clearing the road in single glides from the top of
        the hill. His photographer was Adam Koch.

        The wind should howl today, too bad I can't go.

        --- Eddy <geardaddyllc@...> wrote:

        > Well my record at Skyline has not been that great,
        > but finally had a good day, beautiful
        > sunshine snow was good, and riding with some top
        > guys was fun. Winds were good but a
        > couple more would have been sick. Temperature was
        > very toasty.
        >
        > I tried gliding the hill that made chasta famous, it
        > did not go as well for me! I lost one ski
        > near top and land 2/3 the way down. Fortunate that a
        > snowmobile was able to retrieve
        > my ski
        >
        > winds are forecasted to build today!!! We'll see

        Be a better friend, newshound, and