Re: [snowkiteidaho] IT is on.

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 29, 2008
      Rode across the street from Bennett Mt turn off snow was soft wind was 20 plus terrain was good .fully powered 10 m , big big air, and then moved to windys gap Bill Chris Monty Aaron Hock and myself .Tony did you find some good wind ?
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1 7:39 AM

        Hey Steve,

        Had a good hour of wind at Last Chance.  Played on the larger hill just east of the cornice.  Had some nice long floaty jumps.  It was really warm and vis was great until just after 5 when the light got really flat and the sun went behind the clouds. It was hard to see the dips in the terrain and I just about did my self in when I unknowingly  hit a little double ridge made from drifts of snow with a 5ft hole in between.  Got away with just a little tweak of the knee but it was a great head over heals flip.

        Rode across the street from Bennett Mt turn off snow was soft wind was 20 plus terrain was good .fully powered 10 m , big big air, and then moved to windys gap Bill Chris Monty Aaron Hock and myself .Tony did you find some good wind ?
        Russ and I coincidentally hooked up out at slackers.
        Snow is acceptable, it was 50degrees.
        The wind was OK for 30 minutes but then died off....
        I hope you guys had some good wind out on the Camass...

        Dave

        On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 1:48 PM, tony williams <tonyswilliams@ yahoo.com> wrote:

        > Steve just replied that he is out in the canyon area near the little camas
        > res and it is windy so I guess it is on.
        > Will be at albertsons at 2:15,
        > Cheers

        <|v
        / >

        <|}\
        / >

        <@>
        / \

      • hawkicd11
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1 8:19 AM
          steve, it is spelled hawk...... crazy fun spot at windys gap, quite
          intense carving the 10 ft. cornice like a half pipe, then blasting
          across the face with the kite parked right above the cliff. a
          little scared at times, one wrong move up there and you could be
          paragliding. monty is a stud, launched chris's kite twice out of
          the trees while keeping himself steady on the side of the hill.
          very tough navigating around all the brush. aaron rode like a
          champ, climbing the hill as a rookie....

          --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Linane"

          <tonyswilliams@...> wrote:

          > > Steve just replied that he is out in the canyon area near the
          little camas
          > > res and it is windy so I guess it is on.
          > > Will be at albertsons at 2:15,
          > > Cheers

          Yahoo! Search.