Re: [snowkiteidaho] camas Tues.

  • Tom Cavaiani
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2005
      Just a heads up.  I went out to the site on the Pine Featherville road yesterday and the wind maxed out at about 12 mph (ranged from about 8 to 12).  I used an 18 m kite, had some trouble getting it launched, but it was fine once in the air.  It was a clear day, but the sun was starting to set about 4:30pm (although I kept riding until about 5:15).  It was dark by 5:30pm.

      Tom

      >>> darrelthomas@... 12/05/05 5:43 PM >>>
      Heading up to Fairfield tomorrow!!!

      You know the drill: Albertson's 2:30.

      Give me a shout if you're interested.

      I wanted to go today, but the damn station only updates like 4 times a day, and this morning it was only blowing 8 and the forecast was only for 8 (like its been the last three days that its blown in the high teens!)  I gave up at noon and went to Bogus.  I just got back and checked the wind, and whadya know, its been f'n nukin' all Gd Dm day!!!