Re: Saturday looks interesting????

  • renokiter
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 17, 2008
      Well after after waiting almost all day of waiting, we finally got the
      goods! A couple of the other out-of-towners decided to venture
      further west and found a really great spot. I'm not sure what the
      road was but it was a dirt road that went north off of the 20 between
      mile markers 119 and 120. We went up about 2 miles north of the
      highway and launched between a set of hills on the east side of the
      road. Wind was out of the west around 20mph. My brother and I didn't
      get out there until just past 5pm but a couple of us rode until about
      7pm. It was dark, but there was a full moon. This was the first time
      I've got to kite by moonlite.....just awesome. We had a total of 6
      kites in the sky, pretty much all 9 or 10 meter kites. The snow was
      much softer than yesterday at the historical site. What a great
      finish to the weekend. That will make my drive home tomorrow much easier!
      Dustin