Re: [snowkiteidaho] Sunday
- Darrelit looks good for your birthday lets celebrate and go kiting . Monday NW 10 to 15 at Slaters . Camas 13 to 15 G 24 . but roads may be closed . today hwy 20 closed from Mountain Home to Fairfield with 3 to 8 inches forecasted for this afternoon Happy Supper bowl----- Original Message -----From: Darrel ThomasSent: Sunday, February 03, 2008 10:17 AMSubject: RE: [snowkiteidaho] Sunday
1 in a row kicks my ass!
Wind is in the cards for today this afternoon. But, depending on how much it feels like snowing, visibility could be less than ideal.
With Banff tonight, and my sore, tired ass, I will probably sit today out.
Monday is looking like a beautiful blue bird day to hit the Camus. Whos in?
From: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:snowkiteida ho@yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Eddy
Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2008 8:43 AM
To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Sunday
Well after 4 in a row I'm tired!!!
Right now Hwy 20 is closed again. But why travel to Camas when Slater
is soooo good????
I'm linking the Idaho Transportion Dept- Road conditions map to the
- Drove out to hood river last Saturday. Got there about 2 and managed a 2.5 hr 12m session. Made it up to the hatch but no swell to speak of. BBQ and beers with friends.Sunday windless morning coffee at the hatchery watching the morning rise on the river. Then up to the huckleberry fields on mt. Adams. Then 3hrs on the 12 around the event site.
Fun watching people doing amazing tricks, kids (groms?) kiting and windsurfing. Even cruzed down by the rails and features those guys rip it. Monday was spent on a recliner till late in the afternoon when I finally got the 14 out and played for a few hrs. The weather was very pleasant rash guard and surf shorts. Tuesday was a 9m day as a weak cold front pushed through. Early to the event site, a couple of kiters were getting some before work and were coming in as I rigged. Self launched and headed up to the hatch in gusty shifty winds. About 15 windsurfers were out and me. I squeezed into the eastern end of the line up and enjoyed several shoulder high waves that went on for a third of the rivers width. What fun! Played for about 3hrs and headed down wind. Packed up and headed east to find wind at Rufus, prolly the same wind I was riding in the am. 9m and gusty again. Had fun till I couldn't take it any more. Had a crazy thought that I'd have a session at 3mile on the way home but no wind as I cruzed by. Home by 10. On the road all week and like Stephano, my wife owns me this weekend. On the road this week again and off to hailey next week end for Kalenas last performance of the year. Wow where did the summer go. Hope it blows this week!
Sent from my iPhone
On Aug 24, 2014, at 9:03 AM, "Will Hise will.hise@... [snowkiteidaho]" <email@example.com> wrote:
So diggs and I got up and risked the drive. There were very visible gust and lull lines. We rigged anyway and I went out on a 12 and surfboard. First tack almost ended at the damn. Barely held on for a dozen tacks before enough gusts got me upwind. I made it back to the beach after playing for about 20 min.Diggs didn't risk it. Smart guy.Water level is much lower. Booties required. The first steep drop is a few feet out from water so our days are numbered.Been standing here talking for an hour or so. Wind comes up but drops just as fast. The high clouds encroaching from the west might have something to do with it.