Today

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 49 , Jan 20, 2008

      It was stellar today (For a newbie).  The wind was 8-14 (guessing) and the wind speed changed very slowly, no gusts.  Beautiful sunny day…  We were obviously flying on 14's and 15's.  The snow was hard packed, with about 6" of powder on top, so it was really predictable skiing (no jolts are sticky spots).  Eddy and Darrel mentored me for about an hour, and finally got me to understand the principle of skiing upwind in order to pull against the kite so it would have apparent speed.  Finally it just clicked, and I was zooming all over, from hill to hill, tons of speed on the downhill, and no problem staying upwind.  Just CLICK.  Thanks guys!

      My kids have watched the snow kiting DVD that Jay made several times (Abducted by the Wind) and Eddy is my kids hero now.  I had the whole family out there today, and they recognize Eddy from the red outfit he wears in the Movie.  "is that eddy? (giggle giggle)."  I heard that like 20 times today!  Anyway, Eddy gave my daughter a ride on a sled, just nice and gentle, not too far from the parking lot (launch area)  So yeah, she is 5 years old, I'm pretty sure she knows what a crush is now!  I'm trying to teach them "yes Eddy is in the Red and he is really cool, and yes he was on the DVD, but DARREL is in the blue, see, he's standing right there, he's a really good kite skier too, he was also on the DVD also, he's cool too!".  But they only giggle and blush when the see Eddy....  I guess Eddy just has a way with the ladies!!!!

      <|v
      / >

      <|}\
      / >

      <@>
       / \
    • Will Hise
      Message 49 of 49 , Feb 13, 2016
        Couple of us coming late. If snomo is still inaccessible, let's all park like we want to cuddle so we can all fit!

        On Saturday, February 13, 2016, tony s williams tonyswilliams@... [snowkiteidaho] <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        I will be there at 1030

        Sent using CloudMagic Email
        On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 8:06 AM, hemp.hemphill@... [snowkiteidaho] <snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        I will be at Alby,s at 10:30 if anyone wants to car pool. need to be back before 5pm.