Re: Way windy here ... but

  • hawkicd11
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2008
      whatever.... its 34 to 40 up there right now. there is no escaping
      the power of this storm, it has the pressure gradient of a class 2
      hurricane.... hopefully we will see some serious coverage out of it.

      --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Eddy Petranek" <geardaddy@...>
      wrote:

      > I'm planning on heading up today! Winds are much mellower up there
      > right now it is 22-28 down here and 18-20 up at the wind meter. In
      my
      > experience SE winds are usually very mellow up there even when it is
      > ripping down here.
      >
      > Eddy
      >
      > 1-ish Departure

    • Whitney Rearick
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2008
        Who's going to try to go this weekend?  I'm in if anyone is Sat/Sun.  Will bring beers.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2008

          OK OK OK  I was wrong and I canceled, it did look good earlier…I talked to Eric, he and his buddy were nicely powered from 10-1 on 4 and 6 m kites then the wind picked up.

          I was thinking of trying to hit Cascade tomorrow if the winds actually go SW.  I will call Garrett who is up there and get the Beta before going.

          Otherwise Camas will do.

          Eddy