Way windy here ... but

  • Eddy Petranek
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2008
      I'm planning on heading up today! Winds are much mellower up there
      right now it is 22-28 down here and 18-20 up at the wind meter. In my
      experience SE winds are usually very mellow up there even when it is
      ripping down here.

      Eddy

      1-ish Departure
    • hawkicd11
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2008
        whatever.... its 34 to 40 up there right now. there is no escaping
        the power of this storm, it has the pressure gradient of a class 2
        hurricane.... hopefully we will see some serious coverage out of it.

        --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Eddy Petranek" <geardaddy@...>
        wrote:

        > I'm planning on heading up today! Winds are much mellower up there
        > right now it is 22-28 down here and 18-20 up at the wind meter. In
        my
        > experience SE winds are usually very mellow up there even when it is
        > ripping down here.
        >
        > Eddy
        >
        > 1-ish Departure

      • Whitney Rearick
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2008
          Who's going to try to go this weekend?  I'm in if anyone is Sat/Sun.  Will bring beers.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2008

            OK OK OK  I was wrong and I canceled, it did look good earlier…I talked to Eric, he and his buddy were nicely powered from 10-1 on 4 and 6 m kites then the wind picked up.

            I was thinking of trying to hit Cascade tomorrow if the winds actually go SW.  I will call Garrett who is up there and get the Beta before going.

            Otherwise Camas will do.

            Eddy