Re: [snowkiteidaho] Heading up today

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 26, 2007
      interested but stuck at work :(

      On Dec 26, 2007 9:04 AM, Eddy Petranek <geardaddy@...> wrote:

      Wind looks good, Snow looks good, Visibility???

      Planning on leaving around 1-ish anyone else interested?

      Eddy
      863-6966

      <|v
      / >

      <|}\
      / >

      <@>
       / \
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 26, 2007

        I thought you were quitting and becoming a ski (snowkite) bum!!!!

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 26, 2007
          haha all you gotta do is move to southern oregon and you would be set
          and you could be a hippy and live in a yurt like all the kiters do
          here lol. --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Gear Daddy, LLC"
          <geardaddy@...> wrote:

          > I thought you were quitting and becoming a ski (snowkite) bum!!!!
          >

          > _____

        • Eddy Petranek
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 27, 2007
            Made a big mistake by not going yesterday....DOHO!!!

            I will go today if numbers start to add up again.

            Eddy

            --- In snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com, "Eddy Petranek" <geardaddy@...>
            wrote:

            > Wind looks good, Snow looks good, Visibility???
            >
            > Planning on leaving around 1-ish anyone else interested?
            >
            > Eddy
            > 863-6966

          • Ryan Wait
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 27, 2007
              Hey eddy yesterday was only good from about 1:30- 3:30. During that time is was rippin WNW 20-24 mph, then it tapered off about 5:30 pm. However what a weird weather pattern. Calm in boise, and mtn home but rippin cross most of the state above 5000 ft.

              BTW- Chris and I have Discovered a whole new kite area that kicks ass for all wind directions and will be our saving grace when the forecast turns SE, SSE, S, SSW. It's above 5600 ft, has a 5 mile long ridge, tons of relief, and incompasses somewhere around 50,000 acres. It is about 12'' of snow behind the camas, but with a few more storms it will be good to go.

              lets hope for a big weekend! i want to see everybody out there!

              just as a heads up, the Snowpark looks pretty good, but most of the rocky areas are still really shallow and hard to see!!!!  excercise extreme caution when riding.

              Ryan.

              To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
              From: geardaddy@...
              Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 15:38:17 +0000
              Subject: [snowkiteidaho] Re: Heading up today

              wrote:

              > Wind looks good, Snow looks good, Visibility?? ?
              >
              > Planning on leaving around 1-ish anyone else interested?
              >
              > Eddy
              > 863-6966

            • Darrel Thomas
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 27, 2007

                Great, but where is it?

                From: geardaddy@...
                Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 15:38:17 +0000

                wrote:

                > Wind looks good, Snow looks good, Visibility???
                >
                > Planning on leaving around 1-ish anyone else interested?
                >
                > Eddy
                > 863-6966

              • Ryan Wait
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 27, 2007

                  Oh,,, I guess I didnt give directions did I!  42.30ish 115.55ish

                  To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                  From: darrelthomas@...
                  Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 14:48:10 -0700

                  Great, but where is it?

                  From: geardaddy@cableone. net
                  Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 15:38:17 +0000

                  wrote:

                  > Wind looks good, Snow looks good, Visibility?? ?
                  >
                  > Planning on leaving around 1-ish anyone else interested?
                  >
                  > Eddy
                  > 863-6966

                • Dave
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 27, 2007
                    NAD83 or NAD27?
                    the coords you provide are BFE SE ID.  (East of Grasmere, Jarbidge drainage)

                    On Dec 27, 2007 3:01 PM, Ryan Wait <ryanwait@...

                    To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                    From: darrelthomas@...
                    Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 14:48:10 -0700

                    Great, but where is it?

                    From: geardaddy@...
                    Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 15:38:17 +0000

                    wrote:

                    > Wind looks good, Snow looks good, Visibility???
                    >
                    > Planning on leaving around 1-ish anyone else interested?
                    >
                    > Eddy
                    > 863-6966

                    <|v
                    / >

                    <|}\
                    / >

                    <@>
                     / \
                  • Ryan Wait
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 28, 2007
                      well the difference between nad83 and nad27 is about 300 ft. so the coord's get you close enough. look for a long ridge line south and west of Grasmere 10 miles.

                      To: snowkiteidaho@yahoogroups.com
                      From: jaunemaillot@...
                      Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 15:08:59 -0700

                      To: snowkiteidaho@ yahoogroups. com
                      From: darrelthomas@ cableone. net
                      Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 14:48:10 -0700

                      Great, but where is it?

                      From: geardaddy@cableone. net
                      Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 15:38:17 +0000

                      wrote:

                      > Wind looks good, Snow looks good, Visibility?? ?
                      >
                      > Planning on leaving around 1-ish anyone else interested?
                      >
                      > Eddy
                      > 863-6966

                      <|v
                      / >

                      <|}\
                      / >

                      <@>
                       / \

                      Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play Chicktionary! Check it out!